A mission-driven venture capital firm in Watertown is seeking a Director of Operations / Executive Assistant to join their team. This role will serve as the first administrative hire for several portfolio companies and will lead their administration and operations functions. This individual will coordinate between the firm and its subsidiaries and will manage all logistics for the portfolio companies, including serving as the main point of contact for all vendors and providers. This is an incredible opportunity to become part of a thriving organization in a dynamic role.
- Assist in final stages of designing office spaces for the portfolio companies.
- Coordinate scientific administrative services.
- Serve as primary point of contact between VC firm and portfolio companies.
- Serve as primary point of contact at portfolio companies for all vendors and providers.
- Manage all logistics and facilities related tasks.
- Real estate strategy coordination.
- Oversee repairs/maintenance, ensure compliance with building codes, and liaise with landlord on ad hoc building improvement items.
- Work with scientists to help them establish their teams.
- Evaluate performance on a regular basis, including year-end review; communicate on areas for improvement and strengths; provide guidance when asked/needed.
- Work with IT and Finance to hone information systems, implementation processes for new technology, and creation of best practices as needed.
- Assist HR & Recruiting teams in execution of onboarding plan for new portfolio company hires to ensure efficiency.
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility and professional maturity to readily understand priorities and anticipate needs.
- Experience in a start-up environment strongly preferred; biotech or pharma experience will be favorably considered.
- Must have a positive “can do” attitude, be a team player, show excellent judgment and work well independently.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft office including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint along with experience setting up systems and databases.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to effectively multi-task, and a willingness to perform a wide range of tasks.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain a high standard of confidentiality
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.