Our client, a global association with a focus on the intersection of utilities and telecommunications, has an immediate need for a temporary to hire Membership Manager. This position will start off remote due to COVID-19. The office is in Crystal City, VA.
The Membership Manager will:
- Contribute to the membership development plan with the SVP of Membership which includes:
- Member recruitment and retention campaigns
- Interpret membership recruitment and retention statistics and review member research and make recommendations
- Sell and deliver association services to non-members
- Other activity, including affinity and sponsorship schemes
- Manage member communications including responding to member queries and the production and inventory of membership and marketing material e.g. letters, newsletters, e-bulletins and brochures
- Manage member events
- Maintain accurate membership records and marketing databases
- Manage affiliate activity and relationships with external suppliers
- Maintain budget for projects
- Implement the membership development plan, manage departmental resources and set workflow priorities
- Be responsible for holding departmental progress meetings and circulate progress reports on activity against targets e.g. growth projections, campaign effectiveness, response timescales for membership inquiries, etc.
- Anticipate problems and adjust the allocation of resources accordingly
- Utilize the AMS/CRM with day to day and lead staff on proper usage and updating necessary
- 5 years of membership experience at an association.
- Specific experience with recruitment and retention of organizations as opposed to individual members is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- Tech savvy – experience with AMS/CRM
- Ability to travel when that resumes
Equal Opportunity Employer