The Osborne Association serves individuals, families, and communities affected by the criminal justice system. Through our programs, we offer opportunities for people to heal from and repair harm, restore their lives, and thrive. We challenge systems rooted in racism and retribution and fight for policies and practices that promote true safety, justice, and liberation.
It is our shared belief and core value that we honor everyone's capacity to change, celebrate our shared humanity, are united in our pursuit of justice and equity, when we make a commitment all possible steps are taken to keep our word, and we will continue to advocate for people and principles with fierce and tenacious determination, making us unstoppable.
We are seeking a Director of Communication to lead our Communications team within a fast-paced and growing organization. This position is responsible for organization-wide communication strategy across Policy, Programs, and Development. This role is an ideal position for a dynamic story teller, media expert, communications visionary, creative problem-solver and project manager with strong experience in communications within the Social Justice space. The Director of Communications will be directly responsible for supervising the Manager of Communications and Communications Specialist, and should have demonstrated experience working across verticals of a large, diverse nonprofit organization.
The position is split between 10% in office work and 90% remote work temporarily and is subject to change with or without notice.
- Organizational Leadership: Serve as a key member of the Director's Team with shared responsibility for
- achieving the organization's vision and goals
- Team Management: Responsible for hiring, supervising, coaching, and developing Communications staff
- Collaboration: In partnership with Development, Policy, and Programs, support on the visioning and execution
- of all organization-wide communication needs
- Preserving a Cohesive Narrative: Responsible for weaving a consistent voice across all verticals of Osborne,
- translating key information into language appropriate for a diverse array of stakeholders
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Develop strategic and annual communications and marketing plans; developing and directing the production of content across all channels, including print and digital for website, annual reports, bi-annual communication, films, and special materials to support internal, external and development activities, including major fundraising campaigns and activities
- Create a consistent internal and external positive brand identity that embodies Osborne Association's mission, vision and values
- Partner with Senior Leadership to actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships and opportunities to ensure coverage of Osborne's programming, advocacy, and policy wins
- Manage the development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic external communications (email, social media, print); oversee organizational website, CRM, social media accounts, email marketing, and other digital assets and campaigns
- Develop external relationships on behalf of Osborne and partner across the organization to support and coach fellow staff members to ensure consistency of voice and message for all external speaking engagements
- Build, maintain and track intentional segmentation, analytics and strategy of all external communications, understanding the needs and interests of all stakeholders
- Manage a Communications Manager and Communications Specialist, providing coaching, career development and mentorship as well as assigning responsibilities, delivering constructive feedback and implementing measures of accountability
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, or related field; or
- In lieu of degree must have a minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in developing strategic and annual communications and marketing plans
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in communication, marketing, or related field
- Management and coaching experience
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills; ability to translate complex ideas and strategies into clear, concise, and compelling narratives for various audiences and stakeholders
- Proven ability to communicate, engage, and build relationships with community members, politicians and media
- Ability to balance a high-volume of incoming requests from multiple constituencies across the organization
- Demonstrated awareness of incorporating racial/cultural/socioeconomic equity and justice into communications and interpersonal interactions
- Strong project management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Agility and endurance to navigate a large, complex organization
- Ability to self-motivate and self-manage
- Team player who can collaborate across verticals
- Passion for criminal justice reform strongly preferred
Benefits of Working at Osborne
Generous benefits including four weeks vacation, tuition reimbursement, flexible work schedule, excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, and a 403(b) plan with a company match. Career development through ongoing training and individual development plans.
The Osborne Association is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, unemployment status, or any other protected category. The Osborne Association takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in the Osborne Association. Be sure to include a cover letter with your application. No phone calls please. We wish we could personally respond to each application. However, we are unable to do so due to the volume of interest received.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/JBa1DKuEloQQHaDESXdRE" />