Faculty Affairs Coordinator
- Job posted by Weill Cornell Medicine
Faculty Affairs Coordinator
Weill Cornell Medical College's Office of Faculty Affairs is seeking a Faculty Affairs Coordinator to join our collaborative, service-oriented team in maintaining excellence in faculty affairs administration. The Coordinator will, under supervision, process academic appointments for eight medical departments, from initiation to termination, and provide database and administrative support to the Office of Faculty Affairs. Further, the Coordinator performs information transactions in support of the organizational effectiveness of the office; manages multiple priorities at once and functions in a high-volume and deadline driven environment. Finally, this role plays an integral part in the facilitation of the business relationships between Office of Faculty Affairs and Weill Cornell academic departments, as well as other functional business units.
The successful candidate will possess the desire, skill and knowledge to contribute to the Office's mission-critical role in the appointment and promotions process for a world-class faculty in a premier academic institution.
- Working independently, or with supervisory guidance when needed, manages all actions regarding faculty and non-faculty academic appointments for assigned departments. Facilitates the receipt of appointment documents and resolves any outstanding issues.
- Ensures compliance with WCM policies. Independently makes decisions on when to return recommendations for corrections.
- Processes requests for evaluation of recommendations for senior faculty appointments and promotions for assigned departments. Responsible for document review and resolution of any issues with dossiers.
- Advises current or prospective faculty and non-faculty members, as well as academic departments, in the preparation of appropriate documents for appointment recommendations.
- Coordinates the solicitation of letters from evaluators submitted on behalf of prospective senior faculty candidates.
- In an advisory capacity, accurately answers routine and complex inquiries about academic appointment procedures and policies, in particular about the evaluation process. Refers difficult questions to the Faculty Affairs Director or Assistant Dean.
- Manages and coordinates academic staff, non-faculty and faculty leave of absence and sabbatical requests for assigned departments.
- Reviews, records and maintains academic staff demographic, professional and appointment information. Monitors progress of an appointment. Maintains appointment updates, extensions, or terminations as needed. Keeps abreast of changes in database design.
- Assists in analyzing faculty data in support of preparation of both scheduled and non-scheduled reports for various outside agencies and college offices.
- Prepares all relevant correspondence pertaining to appointments. As needed, prepares/maintains lists of faculty appointment information.
- Facilitates the business relationships of the Office of Faculty Affairs with Weill Cornell academic departments and other functional business units.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
Approximately 3 years of related work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly service-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and database applications.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Standard office work
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/2x5qfy9wzk6cbf6k
Minimum Education Required