Full Time Contract
Details: $22-25 hourly
Scion Staffing (www.scionstaffing.com) has been retained to conduct the search for a contract Program Associate for our client, a well known Nonprofit Organization in Oakland, CA
Program Associate manages the grants administration function and provides administrative support to a program team.The ideal candidate is a flexible, well-organized, team player who has excellent Microsoft Office and administrative skills, comfortable interacting with all levels inside and outside the foundation, and able to successfully support the fast-paced work of senior-level colleagues.
- Grants Management
- Manage all administrative aspects of the grants process for department staff members.
- Track incoming proposals, log new projects into the grants management system, draft grant awards and correspondence, and work with grants management staff.
- Maintain grant records, including monitoring due dates, managing the payment process, and completing monthly close-out reports for the staff.
- Serve as liaison with grantees and program staff.
- Guide and assist the Innovation Fun and Market Analysis and Insights teams in meeting payout goals and deadlines; ensuring that grants are current (e.g., deliverables are submitted on time, and payments are issued in a timely manner).
- Troubleshoot and resolve grants management system technical issues with grantees.
- Conduct research, as needed.
- Manage the logistics and preparation of materials for foundation-sponsored meetings and activities.
- Coordinate mailings to invite and inform participants.
- Work with hotel personnel to arrange rooms, food, and meeting details.
- Create agendas and participant lists and compile background materials.
- For in-house meetings, prepare the conference rooms with the required seating and A/V equipment, assemble written materials, arrange catering and beverages, greet and check in guests, respond to any individual or group needs, and clear the room after the meeting has concluded.
- Manage all aspects of web conferencing logistics in the event of virtual events.
- May assist executive assistant with board meeting logistics.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, conference calls.
- Arrange all necessary travel, expense reports, and travel reimbursement requests.
- Organize and maintain files.
- Work with staff to prioritize, determine action, and respond.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and mail, and take messages or follow up.
- Photocopy, scan, or fax materials for internal and external distribution.
- Assist the receptionist and other programs, as needed, for reception coverage, vacations, special projects, board meetings, etc.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Foundation, nonprofit, university, or government work experience preferred
- Experience supporting professional personnel, preferably at the senior level
- Event planning experience
- Tech-savvy and proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, as well as electronic mail and calendaring
- Exceptional communications skills with an excellent telephone manner
- Able to effectively build relationships with staff on all levels, within and outside of the foundation
- Excellent proofreading, editing, and writing skills
- Experience making travel arrangements and managing a calendar
- Collaborative working style and sense of teamwork
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Sound judgment and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Able to influence others, of all levels inside and outside the foundation, with tact and discretion, to deliver results
- Exceptional sense of priorities/objectives, able to multitask and anticipate staff needs
- Able to follow through and close issues
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
ABOUT OUR SEARCH FIRM:
Scion Staffing is an award winning staffing firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in California. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionstaffing.com or in the 2010-2018 Business Times list of top staffing firms.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief. We are committed to the principals of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
$22 - $25+ / hour d.o.e.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume as a Word (.doc) or (.docx) attachment to Everett at email@example.com. Please indicate "Program Associate" in the subject line. We look forward to contacting potential-match applicants.