HPD Exemption Project Manager
Reporting to the Lead Documentation/Exemption Unit in the Lead Hazard Control Department of the New York City Housing Authority, the Project Manager's responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Track timeline and deliverables established within Lead Action Plan for action items related to HPD Exemptions.
2. Track and perform data analysis on HPD exemption applications in order to report status updates internally and to vendors.
3. Maintain a management information system to provide data for the planning and control of project development.
4. Review vendor specific deficiencies and hurdles in successfully completing HPD exemption applications.
5. Aid in strategic planning for meeting established HPD deadlines for exemption application submission.
6. Determine and coordinate activities required between the persons, agencies and department responsible for project completion.
7. Resolve problems that arise in meeting deadlines and deliverables within the Lead Action Plan and set forth by HPD.
NOTE: This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate in your cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program. For detailed information regarding the 55-a Program, please click on the link below:
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Due to the existence of a civil service list, candidates must have permanent civil service status in the title of Associate Project Manager to be considered.
1. Experience with public housing.
2. Experience performing lead-based paint correction and remediation work for public or private large landlord or contractor.
3. Ability to work under strict deadlines and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
4. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
5. Working Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Maximo.
6. Data management experience.
7. HPD exemption experience.
Interested candidates may submit cover letter and resume to www.nyc.gov/careers/search. Search for JOB ID# 467797.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
HPD Exemption Project Manager
Reporting to the Lead Documentation/Exemption Unit in the Lead Hazard Control Department of the New York City Housing Authority, the Project Manager's responsibilities include, but are not limited to the…