Director of Campaign Strategy
- Job posted by BerlinRosen
Director of Campaign Strategy
New York , United States
BerlinRosen, a leading national public relations and public affairs consulting firm, is launching a new Social Impact & Philanthropy practice -- and we're looking for entrepreneurial talent to help build it from the ground up. This new creative communications and branding practice focuses on the power of brand and narrative to shift behavior and values in ways that make social change both possible and transformational.
Our team is already making an impact on some of the most critical issues we face today, including human rights, racial justice, criminal justice, voting rights, LGBT, healthcare, and education. By bringing creative strategy and the latest technology to support this critical work, we help high impact organizations, innovative philanthropic efforts and corporate impact ventures to grow the influence and impact of their ideas.
In building this team, you'll be working alongside proven digital visionaries who have spent the last decade creating and leading some of the most impactful online social impact campaigns. This team will bring together creative consultants from a range of movements and disciplines, issue-focused media relations experts, strategists behind beloved brands, and marketers mastering emerging platforms.
Director of Campaign Strategy
The Director of Campaign Strategy (DCS) will be responsible for the development and leadership of the agency's narrative campaigning practice, helping high impact organizations and innovative philanthropic ventures grow their audience and influence. The Director of Campaign Strategy reports to the Vice President - Strategy and is a member of the practice's management team, working closely with the principal and leaders specializing in media strategy, project development, management consulting and content development.
We are cultivating a low-ego, high collaboration, and team-oriented environment while building a cutting-edge business. The DCS will be a leader in both of these efforts. They will be entrusted with building strategies around narrative campaigning to shift behavior and values in ways that address both emerging and enduring social problems. They will manage the campaigning strategy for some of the most impactful ventures in the world, including human rights, civil rights and philanthropic institutions, as well as insurgent organizations and social entrepreneurs. They will build Social Impact & Philanthropy into a leading provider of insights, creative strategy, and real-world impact across the social impact sector.
The Director of Campaign Strategy maintains and grows our agency's business and client base, building on our reputation as a leading communications partner for high impact organizations shifting the conversation on the key social and political issues that shape our lives. This person should be a leader in the field of digital campaign strategy or online organizing and have a strong track record in concepting and running rapid-response campaigns, movement building in the digital space, and managing and leading effective teams. The Director of Campaign Strategy will work to extend best practice across the entire portfolio of work.
In this role, the DCS will:
- Be the Social Impact & Philanthropy's lead campaign strategist, embodying the team's core values and differentiating perspectives
- Be responsible for vision, structure, and management of campaign strategy, while providing leadership, accountability, and mentorship to the team and clients
- Work with the VP of Strategic Partnerships to identify the best opportunities across industry sectors and media that align with the agency's ongoing strategy, develop differentiating products and services, and create written proposals/pitches, project scopes and estimates
- Lead teams that develop sharp analysis of the politics and power structures shaping decisions on key social issues, generating insights around media, brands, consumers, and experiences along with a commitment to storytelling that moves people to action
- Manage multiple client accounts, working with teams to develop and execute campaigns, from strategy and ideation through testing and implementation. These campaigns will range from rapid-response campaigns that capitalize on unexpected media moments to campaigns that build strength over time.
- Train and develop staff, influencing cross-functional internal partners to create and execute effective analysis, strategy, and tactics.
- Minimum of eight years of experience working in social innovation, social change and/or political organizing, with a strong focus on the digital space
- Highly motivated, with a proven track record of building clients and expansion of client accounts/related stakeholders, including gaining access to key executives and successfully managing relationship dynamics
- A textured understanding of American politics and mass engagement around complex political issues
- Able to combine high-level strategy and analytical thinking with tactical creativity and flair
- Experience working and leading teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Track record of managing and mentoring with high integrity and the ability to inspire others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a track record of effective online campaigning and organizing
BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and BerlinRosen is committed to helping all staff develop and grow. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.<img src="https://rs.careerliaison.com/pixel/hvn9dcv6hzfbrwpk"><img src="https://analytics.click2apply.net/v8dyr72sjJdqxiojyuRlYn">
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
BerlinRosen, a leading national public relations and public affairs consulting firm, is launching a new Social Impact & Philanthropy practice -- and were looking for entrepreneurial talent to help build it from the ground up. This new creative commun