Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 11 locations throughout New York City.
The Administrative Assistant plays a key role in supporting the Immigration Intervention Project (IIP), in accomplishing its goals, with a focus on data entry, client data tracking, file management, grant support and general administrative duties.
• Coordinate and monitor programmatic requirements of government grants
• Manage referrals to IIP
• Provide administrative support to IIP Director
• Provide administrative support in case management and client advocacy
• Maintain IIP files to ensure accuracy, confidentiality, and consistency
• Assist in carrying out the Legal Center data retention policy for client case files
• Coordinate IIP clients' participation in special events
• Handle the distribution, scanning, and data entry of IIP mail
• Assist in improving overall office management
• Provide lunchtime front desk coverage as needed
• Provide event coordination and logistic support for IIP special events and meetings
• Perform any other administrative support duties or tasks as assigned by IIP team
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge and relevant administrative/clerical experience
• Data entry experience in nonprofit setting preferred
• Experience with Salesforce CRM or willingness to learn
• Spanish language skills required, with consideration of additional relevant community languages
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Outlook
• Experience working in culturally diverse populations
• Superior ability to organize, multitask and prioritize
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent problem-solving skills, organizational, analytical, and verbal/written communication
• A team player with an interest and/or passion for contributing to Sanctuary for Families' mission
Budgeted Salary: $40,000.00
The work position is hybrid.
Vaccination Policy: Proof of vaccination or proof of the first dose with scheduled 2nd dose within 30 days is required.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
D.E.I Commitment: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Sanctuary for Families that represent our dedication to fostering a safe, respectful, responsive, and fair work environment. We recognize the value diversity holds in embracing all employees, clients, and volunteers regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or professional level.
Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children…