Senior Financial Aid Counselor
- Job posted by California Institute of Integral Studies
Details: Yearly Salary
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual who will be committed to providing excellent financial aid services to our students. The candidate must have a passion for education and mentoring students and guide them to success! Applicant must be results oriented, a team player who can multi-task, have excellent phone etiquette, presentation and public speaking skills and must write well. The applicant must have the ability to handle busy phones and emails, as well as in person advising. Our financial aid office needs someone who can work well under pressure and with multiple deadlines. This position must also be able to start immediately. Under the supervision of the Director, this position performs a variety of activities to administer federal and institutional aid funds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as initial contact for inquiries and information request from applicants; must be able to provide accurate and relevant information
- Conducts financial aid workshops and loan entrance and exit counseling
- Disseminates policy and procedure information to students and staff
- Advises students on financial aid options and financial planning
- Maintains and reviews financial aid files for completeness
- Process financial aid packages and performs verification as necessary
- Will initiate follow-up of items requiring clarification and performs any necessary documentation
- Monitors Satisfactory Academic Progress and counsels students and applicants with academic issues
- Maintains accuracy of database by performing frequent and regular data transfer between Financial Aid and Institutional data systems
- Process external files into the school's financial aid systems, such as Loan Exams, ISIRs, MPNs
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid
- Knowledge of PowerFAIDS, NSLDS and COD is a plus
- Experience in financial aid a plus
- Familiarity with federal policies and procedures; able to document and implement policies and procedures
- Computer proficiency a must
- Proficient in MS Office suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with PowerFAIDS
- Excellent customer service and superb interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Receipt of a Bachelor's degree from a 4-year university
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply