- Job posted by California Institute of Integral Studies
Details: Yearly Salary
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,500 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs division, including workshops and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
We are a vibrant and diverse admissions team seeking a personable, positive, and poised admissions counselor to join us and represent CIIS. Admissions counselors at CIIS develop in-depth knowledge of admissions practices, institutional policies, and program offerings in order to effectively recruit and advise students. Counselors work collaboratively while maintaining areas of specialty and responsibility. The successful candidate will demonstrate a background in relationship building and the ability to establish and maintain good rapport with both prospective students, admissions team members and with the programs we proudly represent. Our ideal candidate will also show creativity, flexibility, and ingenuity in identifying opportunities, the ability to adapt to new technologies, and a dedication to the shared values of the CIIS community which include integral education, diversity, and sustainability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts outreach (e.g. recruitment fairs and community events) and contributes to program-specific recruitment plans.
- Monitors the inquiry and applicant pools for assigned programs, and monitors progress toward recruitment goals, suggesting adjustments in recruitment activities and plans as appropriate.
- Responds to first-time inquiries in a timely, informed, and personable manner and systematically and consistently nourishes relationship with inquirers expressing program interest.
- Assists in the maintenance and review of applicant files for the program, following up with applicants about their status at regular intervals.
- Stays abreast of curricular changes and academic program events and activities.
- Contributes to the yearly planning and evaluation of program recruitment initiatives.
- Identifies admissions activities and strategies for developing and enhancing prospective student pools.
- Represents the university in a professional and personable manner in a variety of settings, both on campus and throughout the country at recruitment events, and assists with the coordination of Information Sessions and Open Houses.
- Counsels prospective students about admissions, academic programs, and student life at CIIS.
- Assists with data entry and application processing of inquiry/applicant files.
- Opportunities to engage passion projects in alignment with Admissions Department goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.A. from a regionally-accredited college or university required; M.A. preferred.
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Commitment to articulating and supporting the mission, vision, and values of the university.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse environment and to develop good working relations and collaborate with diverse people.
- Ability to balance risk-taking and flexibility with adherence to campus policies and ethical standards.
- Availability to travel during the week and on weekends, particularly during fall recruitment season to various Bay Area campuses and nationwide.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends for recruitment events.
- Valid driver's license and access to functioning car with valid insurance required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. CIIS offers medical, dental, and vision insurance, employer-paid long-term disability and life insurance, and other optional benefits including short-term disability, 401k, and tax-free commuter benefits. Paid time off includes vacation, holidays, a paid Winter break, floating holidays and birthday holiday. Perks include tuition remission which you may use for enjoyment or toward one of our 25 accredited graduate programs (including clinical psychology, philosophy and religion, Traditional Chinese Medicine, fine arts and more); free and reduced access to lectures and workshops on contemporary topics such as social justice and world spirituality. We honor the whole person in our students and our staff.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday, with scheduling changes for events and travel, with day and overnight travel during the fall recruitment season or at other times of the year for conferences and events.
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.
Minimum Education Required