Compliance Specialist 4 (IRB Education Coordinator)
The Pennsylvania State University seeks a highly motivated and experienced professional to serve as the IRB Education Coordinator in the Office for Research Protections (ORP). Reporting to the Education, Quality, and Integrity Program (EQUIP) Director, the IRB Education Coordinator will design, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of IRB training University-wide, including the College of Medicine and Penn State Health. As part of the Office of the Senior Vice President for Research, the ORP supports Penn State's active research enterprise. With $1.01 billion in annual research expenditures, Penn State ranks in the top 25 of the nation's public research universities. This position is primarily remote
and will require occasional on-site training delivery.
(1) Design, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of the University-wide IRB education program. The Coordinator is responsible for both in-person and online training opportunities for existing and in-development IRB-related processes and systems, from introductory training to in-depth researcher training.
(2) Assess future training needs and requirements for both IRB processes and systems; assist in the development of system documentation, communication, and support materials; and serve as a conduit among end users, the Human Research Protection Program (HRPP), and the Centralized Application Tracking System (CATS) team.
(3) Assist with development of communications for the ORP, including the newsletter and website.
The IRB Education Coordinator will work closely with the HRPP and the CATS team in the Office of Research Information Systems.
As part of EQUIP, the IRB Education Coordinator will have the opportunity to contribute to additional educational offerings for the research community and may participate in quality assurance/quality improvement initiatives. May hire, train, supervise, and/or evaluate assigned staff. This position is primarily remote
and will require occasional on-site training delivery at Penn State's commonwealth locations, particularly University Park and College of Medicine, located in Hershey, PA.
This position will be filled as a level 4; typically requires a Bachelor's Degree or higher plus six years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience delivering training required.
- IRB knowledge or experience strongly preferred.
- Clinical research administrative experience desired.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to summarize and convey technical information to a lay audience critical.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office expected.
- Knowledge of training delivery software useful.
- Exceptional professionalism and proven effectiveness as a communicator, with a strong customer-service orientation, required.
This position requires the operation of a motor vehicle as part of the job duties. A valid driver's license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. Penn State and the ORP are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The ORP is also hiring a Research Ethics and Compliance Educator. Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Compliance-Specialist-4_REQ_0000008278-1 CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/
, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.