- Job posted by IEEE
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. We are a catalyst for exciting breakthroughs in computing, sustainable energy systems, aerospace, communications, robotics, healthcare, and many other disciplines that improve the quality of life. Discover your future as part of the IEEE team. Consider the following opportunity:
Humanitarian Activities & Sustainable Development
Piscataway, New Jersey
Top of Form
The successful applicant will oversee and assist in the incubation and development of new programs in the area of public imperatives, such as humanitarian and sustainable development-related activities. Primary responsibilities will include the day-to-day management and continuous improvement of programs and projects and supporting related volunteer committees. This role typically reports to a Director, interacts frequently with IEEE volunteers, members, and key stakeholders related to project initiatives and does not manage staff. This position works under general guidelines of the Director.
In this role, you will play an integral role in the development of new programs of IEEE strategic significance. You will be expected to bring new ideas and an entrepreneurial spirit to the job and be a valued member of the team devising and delivering programmatic activities that exemplify IEEE’s commitment to public imperatives.
· Oversee operations of specific programs and projects, such as the Special Interest Group on Humanitarian Technology (SIGHT) program – responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day running of the program and continuous improvement of its operations. This includes reviewing the historical data to bring forth recommendations for growth and improvement, as well as assessment of projects and activities.
· Communications content development, including social media and website. Analyze and improve the communication tactics for growth.
· Research support for new and existing programs and projects, working with colleagues across IEEE to gather and organize data, as well as develop recommendations.
· Assist Director with the development of new programs by researching for new programs and improving the existing ones. Once approved, implement the programs independently.
· Provide key support, when needed, to related volunteer committees. Provide recommendations and guidance on programmatic activity and operations in committee meetings.
· Serve as a lead for webinar production.
o Tasks include webinar scheduling, speaker preparation and training, producing publicity communication, live webinar execution, collection and analysis of webinar metrics, as well as continuous improvement of the program.
· Act as a key liaison / interface on projects for IEEE staff, volunteers and member as well as external partners and constituencies.
· Serve as main point of contact for volunteers and help educate, motivate, and support volunteers working on humanitarian initiatives and projects.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
· 4+ years of experience required in humanitarian- and/or sustainable development-related activities.
· Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
· Past experience working for an association or other membership-based organization a plus.
Skills & Other Requirements:
· Strong detail- and deadline-orientation.
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
· Strong Microsoft Office, Google apps, and WebEx skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrate creativity and flexibility.
· Proven problem-solving skills.
· Must be diplomatic, tactful, and have political sensitivity
· Ability to work with members, volunteers, and staff of all levels.
· Ability to adapt to fast changing environment.
Join us in an environment where people look forward to coming to work! IEEE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) plan with company match, a defined contribution retirement plan, a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, and a business casual dress code.
Please apply online by going to this URL: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=COR0000010O&tz=GMT-04%3A00
Only those resumes that go through the URL from the web address will be considered. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Minimum Education Required