Assistant to the Executive Director and TurnOut Events Coordinator
- Job posted by New York City Ballet
This dual-report position will assist the New York City Ballet (NYCB) Executive Director (ED) with daily operations of the office, as well as provide administrative and logistical support for NYCB’s TurnOut program.
TurnOut is an initiative launched by NYCB to empower ballet and arts lovers to help raise funds for NYCB. TurnOut encourages NYCB enthusiasts to take the lead in developing fundraising events to benefit New York City Ballet. The Coordinator will provide administrative support for these activities.
Assistant to the Executive Director:
· Manage the ED’s calendar, coordinating work flow, meetings and travel arrangements.
· Anticipate needs in terms of background and coordination of activities, communicating to relevant individuals or parties as appropriate.
· Provide advance materials and itineraries for ED’s meetings and travel as needed.
· Manage calendar for planning and scheduling full board meetings, executive committee meetings and other board committee meetings.
· Act as first point of contact for those approaching the ED, responding to and redirecting incoming enquiries as appropriate.
· Work closely with ED and senior staff to prepare materials to be distributed to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee for their meetings.
· Record and prepare minutes from Board of Directors meetings.
· Work closely with Board members, as assigned, to schedule meetings and prepare materials for special projects and to facilitate communication between the board and Executive Director’s office.
· Manage information within the ED’s office, setting up and maintaining electronic and paper systems, improving them as necessary.
· Manage board email lists and contact information listings.
· Prepare research and reports for the ED and other projects as assigned.
· Manage ED’s ticket allotment and requests as needed.
· Other such duties as may be required from time to time to ensure the smooth running of ED’s office.
TurnOut Events Coordinator:
- Provide administrative support for TurnOut activities under the supervision of the Director of Major Gifts in the Development Department.
- Coordinate and help execute events, including managing day-to-day relationships with event hosts and vendors, producing and distributing invitations, creating and reconciling financial projections and expenses, and cultivating interest in the program.
- Liaison with IS on database management needs, including formulation of appropriate list pulls for specific events’ needs and managing the TurnOut website page.
- Maintain internal VIP and comp lists for various TurnOut events.
- Track and administer the program’s budgets including processing invoices, coding receipts, requesting reimbursements, and tracking expenses.
- Produce and mail ticket buyer acknowledgements and contribution tax receipts.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to work with multiple complex projects at the same time
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong writing ability
· Excellent time management skills
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure, with flexibility and openness
· Facility with Microsoft Word, Excel, social media platforms
For consideration, please email resume with cover letter,
referencing “ED Assistant and TurnOut Events Coordinator”
in the subject line to:
No phone calls please.
The New York City Ballet (NYCB) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
For more about NYCB, please visit our website at www.nycballet.com
Minimum Education Required