Partnerships Manager, Mass STEM Hub
- Job posted by One8 Foundation
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Founded in 2006, the One8 Foundation’s mission is to accelerate and bolster the success of nonprofit organizations with the highest potential to achieve breakthrough results in the foundation’s issue areas. The One8 Foundation does this by pursuing a venture philanthropy approach – identifying highly promising grantees to support with meaningful funding and deep strategic engagement.
Mass STEM Hub, a new program being incubated by the One8 Foundation, is focused on scaling high-quality applied learning programs in Massachusetts. Its mission is to provide schools access to and support for premier applied learning and STEM programs that engage students and prepare them for college and, ultimately, 21st century careers. Mass STEM Hub’s first initiative is a statewide implementation of Project Lead The Way, a nationally recognized STEM program that takes an applied learning approach. Delivering on this first initiative will be critical to establishing Mass STEM Hub as the STEM and applied learning resource for K-12 schools and a valued education partner for industry.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Partnerships Manager will play a critical role in helping to shape Mass STEM Hub from the ground up. In building deep relationships with higher education and industry partners, the Partnerships Manager will ensure that students and teachers have access to the authentic industry experiences that make STEM coursework feel even more relevant, help to demystify STEM careers, and empower students to make informed choices about their futures. A successful Partnership Manager will create and deliver new opportunities for students with higher education partners and industry partners. The work of the Partnerships Manager is critical to delivering on the vision of applied learning and to Mass STEM Hub’s success in implementing the statewide plan.
This is an ideal opportunity for a creative, solutions-oriented thinker and a proactive doer who loves to build relationships and is passionate about education. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Securing and managing industry partners to provide students and teachers with authentic industry experiences and access to STEM professionals and careers
- Identify and build relationships with potential partners aligned with Mass STEM Hub’s mission, highlighting the value proposition
- Secure and cultivate long term partnerships
- Coordinate with industry leaders to recruit volunteers and ensure industry support for programming
- Build industry volunteer pipeline and manage industry volunteer process, including recruitment, engagement, and support/guidance for programming
- Support development of Mass STEM Hub’s Advisory Council and develop objectives and materials for major meetings
Strategically cultivating and establishing ongoing relationships with higher education partners to provide opportunities for students
- Develop and execute higher education engagement plan to build potential partners’ knowledge of and interest in Mass STEM Hub’s programming (e.g., dedicated school tours, classroom visits, student & teacher events)
- Identify potential partners and develop relationships to secure articulation agreements, scholarships for students, and preference in the application process
- Develop value proposition and corresponding collateral for engaging potential partners
- Provide ongoing support to higher education partners to ensure long-term relationships that benefit students
Designing, building, and managing purposeful systems and structures to track and deliver on opportunities for students, teachers, and schools
- Develop industry partner dashboard to monitor volunteers and match volunteers/partners to schools
- Document higher education opportunities and develop system for sharing with students, teachers, and families
- Work closely with Program Analyst to develop and maintain SalesForce system
- Leverage and further develop existing external systems (e.g., LinkedIn, Just Cause) to recruit volunteers
- Develop and manage budget for industry partner program to ensure strategic alignment of resource allocation
- Work with the team to utilize volunteer feedback from events to refine programming
In addition, the Partnerships Manager will complete special projects to build out the organization’s knowledge and/or address critical strategic needs of the start-up.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of professional experience, including at least 2 years running a nonprofit program or working in business development/sales, with a track record of results
- Experience working in or with schools/districts (preferred)
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including a straightforward and personable manner
- Collaborative mindset, with the ability to succeed on a team where members hold different critical pieces of the work
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment, including building systems from scratch
- Track record of setting ambitious goals, being proactive and pursuing goals persistently and tenaciously
- Approaches problems with creativity and an analytical orientation, takes initiative, and seeks out win-win solutions
- Remains poised, persistent, and solutions-oriented in the face of unexpected challenges
- Has a customer service orientation; sweats the small stuff and always aims for excellence
- Constantly reflects, relishes feedback, and seeks opportunities to improve
- Brings humor and positivity to the organization and all interactions
- Belief that education is a primary means to dramatically improve the life outcomes of children and that all children can achieve at high levels independent of their circumstances
- Passion for Mass STEM Hub’s mission and values
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
One8 Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Minimum Education Required