Senior Assistant Director, Development
- Job posted by American Museum Of Natural History
American Museum Of Natural History
Senior Assistant Director, Development
The American Museum of Natural History is seeking a Senior Assistant Director for Prospect Research and Management who will report directly to the Director of Prospect Research and Management. The Senior Assistant Director will be an integral member of the Prospect Research and Management Team and will provide support for the entire Institutional Advancement Department.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Compile detailed, in-depth research profiles on donors and prospects.
- Working with the Director, manage research for select Committee meetings and maintain content for associated 1-pagers and blurbs.
- Analyze and synthesize accumulated information to assess financial capacity, philanthropic tendencies, giving propensity, and connections to the American Museum of Natural History.
- Working with the Director, manage, prioritize, and track departmental research requests and follow-up actions.
- With the Director, work with Gift Officers to provide recommendations on solicitation strategies, where appropriate.
- Assist Director with quarterly Gift Officer Portfolio Reviews.
- Work with the Director on the maintenance of prospect management system, including donor rating systems.
- Use data analytics to help inform the creation and modification of Gift Officer portfolios, and when developing prospect lists.
- Maintain the Research Team to-do list, including tracking research requests and follow-up actions.
- Proactively create, and subsequently maintain, prospect lists for exhibitions and special projects.
- Master the use of external informational databases including Relationship Science, Lexis Nexis, iWave, and Research Point.
- Manage Research Team and respond to urgent requests if/when Director is unavailable.
- Staff Institutional Advancement events in the evening as needed.
- Five years of related work experience.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written, and verbal.
- Ability to think analytically and work within tight deadlines.
- Strong background in qualitative and quantitative research methods, and familiarity with financial markets and institutions.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with relational databases; specifically, Raisers Edge and Tessitura.
- Experience programming with SQL a plus.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: careers.amnh.org
<i>The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world's preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education and exhibition. The Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world's cultures.
The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Museum does not discriminate with respect to employment, or admission or access to Museum facilities, programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, current or former participation in the uniformed services, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable City, State, or Federal law. </i>
If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position, please call the Office of Human Resources.</i>
Minimum Education Required