Customer Service Representative
- Job posted by Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute ('PLI'), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for a service oriented professional to fill the role of Customer Service Representative. This position requires a Bachelor's degree as well as previous experience working in a call center environment. PLI's client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who takes pride in their ability to provide accurate, courteous and professional customer service.
Customer Service Department Primary Function:
The primary objective of the Customer Service Department is to be the direct connection between PLI clients and the broad array of PLI offerings. It is required that all customer requests are handled in an expeditious, accurate, competent, courteous, and professional manner. The ongoing mission of the department is to provide and deliver unconditional customer satisfaction. The evolving knowledge and professionalism of the department is cornerstone to PLI's success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capture and handle incoming Customer Service calls, live chats, and e-mails. Calls may include, but are not limited to, placing product and program orders, responding to customer inquiries, and addressing customer issues including CLE inquiries, on-line support questions, billing inquiries, mail merges, SECI, Library Relations, Patent Bar Review, Groupcasts, MOOC Programs, and any future PLI products and services.
- Have a complete knowledge of the procedures in order to support PLI program & product information, purchases, CLE questions, billing, on-line support for the PLI website, live webcasts, Identify leads & opportunities to forward to the Sales Team for follow up with the goal of an eventual sale of membership.
- Required to make outbound sales calls to new and/or existing customers, when requested to do so by management.
Within Departments: Maintains contact with the Customer Service Manager, Manager, Membership Service Manager, Director of Sales, and Customer Service Representatives for assignments, exchange of information and authorization when needed.
With Other Departments: Maintains positive and productive contact with the Programs, Publications, Order Entry, Marketing, and Accounting Departments for the exchange of information and for the purpose of finding closure to each customer and/or procedural problem.
External: Maintains positive and productive contact with customers and professional organizations for the exchange of information and for the purpose of finding closure to each customer and/or procedural problem.
- A Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree is required
- 2 to 4 years' experience in an ACD Customer Relations Environment required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, creative, organizational, and problem-solving skills a must
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of various software programs including Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
For over 80 years PLI has been considered the 'gold standard' as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation's leading preparation course for the Patent Office's Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center. Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
BENEFITS AT PLI
PLI offers market-competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, PLI contributions to a retirement account, ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays, career development opportunities, and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is interesting, collegial, intelligent and supportive.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.
Minimum Education Required