Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 11 locations throughout New York City.
Provides trauma- informed care, including guidance in intellectual, emotional and social growth to children in the on-site childcare and afterschool program within a transitional domestic violence shelter.
• Supervises and nurtures children while they are in the program.
• Provides safe, friendly and educational environment for the children while their parents attend off- and on-site appointments.
• Facilitates homework help.
• Provides coverage/services for all programs in the Children and Family Services program.
• Keeps children clean and pampers of infants and toddlers.
• Prepares children's meals and maintains meal counts.
• Trains and coaches children towards independence.
• Consults with parents regarding their children's day to day progress and behavior.
• Maintains records of childcare, respite care, agency- related and drop -in attendance.
• Enters data regarding children's attendance and services into Salesforce tracking system.
• Participates in Sarah Burke House special events as appropriate to the position.
• Perform any other department or agency related duties or special projects as directed.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
D.E.I Commitment: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Sanctuary for Families that represent our dedication to fostering a safe, respectful, responsive, and fair work environment. We recognize the value diversity holds in embracing all employees, clients, and volunteers regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or professional level.
Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children…