- Job posted by Mightybytes
Mightybytes, an established digital agency and Certified B Corp located in Chicago, is looking for a WordPress developer to join our talented team of creative problem solvers. If you have a proven track record building WordPress websites and enjoy working in a collaborative environment that is driven by a passion to do good in the world, please consider applying for this full-time position with benefits.
Make a Mission-Driven Career Choice
Mightybytes works with mission-driven organizations to help them create change, amplify impact, and foster long-term, sustainable growth. We’ve collaborated with some of the largest nonprofits in the U.S., like YMCA of the USA and Feeding America; educational institutions like Northwestern University and DePaul University; well-known brands such as Allstate and National Geographic Learning; and Chicago hometown heroes like Chicago Community Trust and the Alliance for the Great Lakes.
In addition to offering a host of other digital services to these clients, Mightybytes typically builds two kinds of WordPress websites:
- Marketing sites using our drag-n-drop website builder Drag+Fly.
- Large, enterprise-level websites that include extensive third-party software integrations, thousands of pages, and many moving parts.
We employ agile development techniques and good UX design and content strategy practices to help our clients solve complex business and marketing problems. Our approach is grounded in continuous learning and iterative improvement. We pride ourselves on nurturing transparent, long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our clients, who are strategic partners. To this end, we’re also one of just a few agencies in the world that applies sustainability principles to the process of building digital products and services.
This role will include three main priorities:
- Work with our team and clients to collectively define project scopes and solve problems.
- Build and test digital product and website features to meet project specs.
- QA and deploy those features to staging and production servers.
If you enjoy tackling complex business, social, and environmental challenges in a shared setting we would love to hear from you. For more information on the types of projects we typically take on, please review our portfolio.
Come Work For a B Corp
As a Best for the World Certified B Corporation two years in a row, Mightybytes uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. We offer a workplace that supports the triple bottom line of people, planet, and prosperity: competitive salary, great benefits, sustainable office (with living green walls!), mission-aligned clients, and room to grow personally, creatively, and professionally. We imbue sustainability principles into everything we do—including the digital products we build—and wholly support the entrepreneurial spirit through in-office activities such as product incubation, peer-led learning, and employee-driven creative sessions. Read more here about what being part of the B Corp community means to us.
We are striving to build a more diverse workforce. As an LGBTQ-owned business, we look for candidates who have a high level of demonstrated comfort with cultural competency. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What We’re Looking For
We want someone who is comfortable building and providing training and support for digital products and services developed by Mightybytes. We’re a small team, so you’ll interact with clients directly in this position. We also value collaboration. You’ll fit in here if you enjoy working with team members to understand customer problems and devise lean, creative ways to solve them. We support a culture of learning and continuous improvement on our team.
Here are the position requirements:
- Agency experience a must. Familiarity with how agency life works is critical to success in this role.
- 2-3 years experience building, testing, and debugging professional WordPress websites for clients.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Positive, collaborative attitude, a commitment to high-quality work, and a willingness to expand your skill set as projects require.
It is also great if you know any of the following:
- Experience working with code repositories and staging/production environments.
- Familiarity with the WordPress API.
- You have written custom themes and plugins from scratch.
- You can research, evaluate, and recommend plugins from the WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Experience with deploying WordPress solutions on Google Cloud Platform also very helpful.
NO RECRUITERS! We will not return phone calls or emails from headhunters, staffing firms, recruiters, or offshore vendors looking for outsourced work. If this is you, please DO NOT contact us.
ONSITE IN CHICAGO. This is an onsite position located in Chicago with no relocation expenses. Though we nurture an environment that supports flex time and occasional remote work, our company commitment to collaboration requires that the majority of your time be spent onsite with our team.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please go to https://www.fitzii.com/apply/32898?s=id