DIRECTOR OF VOCATIONAL SERVICES
- Job posted by League Education and Treatment Center
The League Education and Treatment Center is a non-profit agency dedicated to improving the lives of individuals with psychiatric and developmental disabilities. Each day, we serve over 500 at-risk and underserved children and adults from all parts of the greater New York City area.
We are currently seeking a Director to plan, develop, manage initiatives and supervise staff in the Vocational Services program. The candidate will be responsible for assessing job readiness of persons with developmental disabilities, ensuring job development, and supporting clients’ employment goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Oversees all site-based and community-based vocational and employment programs related to career readiness, job training, financial and benefits counseling, referrals for resources, training and job placement and volunteer opportunities for persons with disabilities.
· Addresses the needs of clients by providing career and financial education, coaching and other supports to assist clients in developing goals and understanding career choices.
· Coordinates entrepreneurial business ventures and networks with business leaders in the community to increase employment opportunities for persons with disabilities.
· Assists with contract procurement, contract management, and grant proposals for vocational and employment programs.
· Identifies relevant community, government and corporate economic self-supported programs and resources.
· Coordinates contract requirements relative to vocational and employment activities with the appropriate agencies.
· Participates in agency conferences, coalitions and committees, and conducts training and presentations for clients, staff, and community. Attends workshops, conferences and seminars in order to keep updated in current trends in the employment market.
· Supervises staff, interns, and volunteers and monitor performance.
- Supervise and complete quarterly and monthly state and city reporting.
- Develop ongoing contact and maintain supportive relationship with NYS VR Counselors and district office colleagues in order to assure the best possible services are provided to clients.
- Work with Executive Staff on program management, modification, and expansion of vocational services program.
- Responsible for audit preparation and quality assurance.
· MA in Rehabilitation Counseling, MSW, MHC or related field.
· Knowledge and understanding of OPWDD Employment Services
· Familiar with ACCESS-VR and experience with implementation of ACCESS-VR contract
· Prior experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities in rehabilitation, mental health or related field.
· Knowledge and experience working with youth with emotional and behavioral difficulties and developing and implementing OMH contracts for employment services
· Supervisory experience
· Must have experience designing and building supported employment services from the ground up.
EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary requirements to:
Minimum Education Required