Museum Customer Liaison Officer
- Job posted by City of Bunbury
1 Arthur Street
The City of Bunbury is seeking two Museum Customer Liaison Officers for the Bunbury Museum and Heritage Centre. These roles will be required to support the weekend operations of the center and have a passion for Bunbury's heritage and history.
The successful candidates will be required to have:
- The self-confidence to deliver effective and engaging public events, programs and services
- The skills to assist with the development of targeted media campaigns
- The self-reliance to work with another team member to deliver the day-to-day weekend operations and services of the Museum.
The successful candidates will be:
- Employed on contract basis for 21 hours per fortnight until Friday, 31 June 2019: Rostered to work on weekends including every second Saturday and every Sunday
- Required to work other weekday hours if/when required with appropriate notice, i.e. team meetings, training, etc
- Based at the Bunbury Museum and Heritage Centre, 1 Arthur Street, Bunbury.
The key accountabilities required for this role include:
- Deliver courteous, efficient and effective customer service in accordance with existing guidelines and procedures, including undertaking duties to increase community knowledge of heritage and history
- Participate in the daily operations and administration of the Museum, including retail operations, research, open/closing of facility, providing guidance and support to rostered staff, delivery of programs, etc
- Engage with the various internal and external stakeholder groups to ensure efficient and effective public presentation and delivery of events, programs and services
- Assist with raising community awareness of the Museum via a targeted campaign, including preparing updates for the website, social media, newsletters, media releases, etc
- Assist with monitoring the quality and effectiveness of the services delivered by the Museum
- Assist with the development and implementation of new procedures and processes
- Assist with cash handling procedures, including banking and daily receipting reconciliations
- All other duties as required by the Manager, Libraries and Cultural Development.
What we offer
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the City of Bunbury Employee's 2018 Enterprise Agreement with a Level 3 salary range of $30.93 to $31.74 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
The City of Bunbury is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, aiming to build organisational capacity and foster a positive work environment.
To apply please address the selection criteria in the spaces provided via our Careers Website.
You will also need to upload a CV and Covering Letter to your application.
Only applications submitted via the City of Bunbury Careers website will be accepted.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Enter ref code: 4350005. Applications close COB (5pm) 26 September 2018
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Minimum Education Required