Research Team Lead
- Job posted by Laterite
Are you a data-driven individual with a passion for research? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with internationally recognized universities, think tanks, NGOs, and government agencies on the most pressing development issues? Look no further! Laterite is seeking a globally minded Research Team Leader to setup and run their India office from Goa!
Note: Although this position is based out of Goa, you will initially spend the first 2-3 months working from Laterites office in Kigali, Rwanda.
At Laterite, we are passionate about transforming the way development research is done. Our mission is to deploy the most innovative research methods to make a difference on development issues. We provide three types of services: i) comprehensive data collection and data processing solutions; ii) research services, from the design of large scale research projects through to analysis; and iii) strategic and technical advice to public and private sector clients.
Laterites growing network of offices currently includes the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya and India. Our teams bring together more than 40 full time local and international staff, 500 enumerators across countries, in a fun and family-like work environment. Laterite works with internationally recognized universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations and several Government ministries and agencies.
Laterite India was started in 2018. Phase 1 of our India strategy consists in setting-up a data processing center, to support our research work in East Africa and the Netherlands. Phase 2 will involve the setting-up research lab, focused on deploying new analytic tools for development issues. During phase 3, we will start delivering research projects in India. The India office will be based out of Panjim, Goa. Our value proposition is to offer challenging and purposeful research work within a more healthy work environment.
About the role:
You will participate in Laterites Senior Management meetings and have a voice in project selection, corporate strategy, process improvements, and structuring Laterites research agenda. You will serve as role model for the team, actively promote our corporate culture and help us as an organization achieve our mission.
- Lead the India office during Phase 1 of our India deployment: Responsibilities will include putting in place delivery systems, establishing processes to ensure that collaboration between the India and East Africa/Netherlands teams is effective, running the recruitment of a growing team and leading the data processing team.
- Build the research capabilities of the India team: Responsible for ensuring that professional development is taking place in a structured and targeted manner, preparing the team for the next step in their career.
- Deliver research projects: Actively participate and take a leadership role in ongoing research projects in East Africa or the Netherlands.
- Prepare the India office for Phase 2 of its deployment: This will consist in establishing a research lab. The lab will: (i) explore ways to integrate the latest analytic techniques (machine learning/AI, other modelling innovative modelling techniques) into the work being done by Laterite; and (ii) increase the automation of research tasks.
Does this sound like you?
- You have a Master Degree related to economics, statistics, engineering or a related field from a leading university
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience in socio-economic research
- You have experience managing research projects
- You have experience managing and leading a team
- You are comfortable working with statistical skills and have knowledge of related tools/software like R, Stata and Python.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to commit to work with Laterite in India for at least two years
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more about the role and to apply for the job, click: https://bit.ly/2v9A3nW