332 East Utica Street
The Buffalo Purchasing Initiative (BPI) is a recently launched initiative founded by eleven of the largest employers in the Buffalo Region (M&T Bank; Key Bank; Rich Products; Moog, Inc; Wegmans; University at Buffalo; Buffalo State University; Kaleida Health; Catholic Health; Roswell Park; ECMC). BPI will function as a convening resource for those employers to explore strategies and share resources to expand purchasing opportunities for minority and mission‐aligned local employers, and to leverage their collective purchasing demand to help create job opportunities for residents within minority communities throughout the Buffalo Region.
The Program Manager will lead the BPI for the two-year pilot period and beyond, starting in December 2018/January 2019. They will act as a facilitator between all organizations that participate in the initiative and as a liaison between local minority-owned businesses, local business service organizations, and the procurement representatives. The Program Manager will need to be flexible and capable of embracing a variety of roles, from facilitator to analyst to project manager. The Program Manager will report quarterly to an Executive Committee comprised of CEOs and other leadership from the participating organizations and foundations and manage a staff of one to two part time employees or interns to support on all projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Plan, prepare and convene regular meetings between the representatives of the Purchasing Council. Facilitate meetings and follow up with individual members as required.
- Coordinate collective and individual activities and programming such as procurement matchmaking sessions, workshops, best practices sharing sessions, and vendor fairs.
- Design and facilitate special events and initiatives, such as a business plan competition or training workshops with major Tier-I contractors.
- Work with individual members outside of group meetings to understand their upcoming contract needs, understand their procurement processes, and evaluate individual opportunities.
- Regularly liaise with local business service organizations to identify businesses to match to contract opportunities and leverage ancillary services to support supplier development of businesses that are not yet ready to match with the major employers
- Manage data shared by participating members as well as any data collected on local businesses with the eventual goal of creating a formalized, local business database.
- Manage a staff of one to two part-time employees or interns who will assist on data management, research, event planning, or other support tasks. The selected candidate will also oversee selection and training of staff, as needed.
- Update the Executive Committee quarterly on the progress of activities and initiatives pursued by the Purchasing Council.
- Bachelors degree required
- Previous work experience in economic development, business development, workforce development and/or experience or familiarity with university, hospital, or corporate supply chains.
- Experience in local community development and connections to minority communities within Buffalo preferred, but outside perspectives are welcome. Interested in leveraging corporate demand to build wealth in low-income communities a must.
- Experience in supplier development is a plus
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills. Previous experience facilitating large groups or managing discrete partners is a plus.
- Strong organization and time management skills; self-motivated and flexible; ability to complete tasks with minimal oversight and to work independently is a must.
- Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced experience with Excel or database management is a plus, but not required.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The Buffalo Purchasing Initiative offers a highly competitive compensation package that includes salary and generous benefits.
Please submit resume/CV and a cover letter by October 19th, 2018 to Nicole Buchholz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume/CV and a cover letter.