515 Madison Avenue
New York City
PNP Staffing Group is pleased to be partnering with a top Nonprofit, that meets the distinctive needs of children with incarcerated parent(s), in their search for a Director of Development & Communications. The organization is in a period of tremendous growth and potential and is seeking a Director of Development and Communications that can increase public awareness and private funding streams. The Director of Development & Communications is a hands-on senior leader whose primary focus is overseeing an organizational budget of $2.8 million and increasing raising unrestricted revenue dollars for the organization to advance the strategic priorities of the organization and ensure long-term growth and sustainability. The Director will carry out a robust development plan that includes revenue from a diverse mix of individual, corporate, institutional foundation and government entities.
1. Steward existing relationships to ensure that donors, partners and funders are giving increased amounts, year after year.
2. Forge new relationships to build organization's visibility and secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations, and affinity groups. government, events
3. Manage all aspects of the the organization's first official fundraiser in April 2019, which will bring together 250+ philanthropists and raise over $150,000.
4. Create regular opportunities for donor cultivation and manage all of organization's signature events.
5. Carry outBuild a robust development plan including of annual, major, corporate partnerships, special events, marketing, and foundation support, with clear revenue goals and a diverse mix of funders to advance the strategic priorities of the organization and ensure long-term growth and sustainability
6. Oversee all external affairs through the creation and management of: development-related communications and lead efforts to drive PR and marketing strategies and materials to attract new donors, sponsors and, grant opportunities and partners to increase organizations philanthropic visibility, including: through: all collateral, the website, online and social media platforms, direct marketing, all printed collateral, electronic updates, proposals, brochures, donor correspondence, and newsletters. and organization's website
7. Drive the growth of the Executive Board, Women's Philanthropy Group, Young Professionals Council and ensure that each is meeting its fundraising responsibilities.
8. Collaborate with the Grant Writing Consultant on all foundation proposals and reports.
9. Manage the Foundation Calendar and institutional giving prospecting process.
10. Manage all corporate partnerships, including creating and leading meaningful volunteer opportunities, to ensure continued and increased financial support over times.
11. Work collaboratively Maintain open and ongoing communication with organization President/Founder, providing complete and accurate activity reports, revenue forecasts and ROI's, and ensure her role is being leveraged in messaging strategies and donor relationships.
12. Develop and implement strategies to bolster citywide presence and community engagement practices. through public relations, social media & communication, website
13. Drive the growth of the Jr. Board and Women's affinity committee and act as lead staff liaison
14. Design, produce and manage signature events, i.e. marathon, Giving Tuesday, etc.Oversee donor data management and ensure that Salesforce is being used effectively. ,
15. Oversee donation processing, acknowledgement, tracking, and reporting and reconciliation with Finance
16. Manage and motivate a high-performing team to exceed goals.
17. Serve as an ambassador for the organization at external events, including presenting on the organization and making direct asks.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field
- 7+ years of development, fundraising, communications and management experience in a non-profit setting is preferred
- Proven track record of securing gifts that have increased in size over time
- Comfort making direct asks of individuals and corporate representatives
- A deep appreciation for the organizations work, mission and population
- Proven track record of securing gifts that have increased in size over time.
- Managing and executing successful fundraising special events
- Experience in all levels of Board, committee and , volunteer management
- Excellent project management, writing and researching skills; great attention to detail
- Advanced MS Office suite skills (Excel and PowerPoint); familiarity and experience using Gmail
- Experience using Salesforce
- Ability to Great attention to detail, manage multiple projects and simultaneous respond timely with deadlines
- Relevant experience working with confidential information; extremely high reliability and integrity
- Excellent team player and be open to working in a fluid, fast paced environment with the ability to be flexible and adjust to claiming demands
- Proven participation and ability to work collaboratively with internal team members and management staff for the purposes of achieving goals/objectives
- Proven relationship manager
- Great public speaker and strategic thinker
Minimum Education Required