As a Lead Teacher at Bold Charter School, you will help build a world-class school from the early stages of the school's life cycle as we grow to serve grades K-3 in 2021-22. You will ensure that every student experiences a joyful, engaging, and rigorous learning environment every day. You will model and inspire a love of learning that will equip each student to succeed in school and thrive in life. You will be part of a results-oriented and collaborative team of professionals who are relentless in their pursuit of educational excellence. You will receive regular coaching and feedback, and will have opportunities to grow into a master teacher and transformative leader within the organization.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building a classroom culture that is joyful, engaging, and rigorous, and in which students love learning;
- Teaching students through an inquiry-based, rigorous curriculum that inspires intellectual curiosity and develops critical thinking;
- Driving high academic outcomes for all students by regularly analyzing data, studying student work, and implementing high leverage instructional strategies to ensure gains for all students;
- Modeling Bold’s core values and building a positive student and team culture across the school;
- Training with colleagues and school leaders, which includes regularly implementing feedback with grace and urgency in service of student achievement, a values-based school culture, and a positive professional work environment;
- Developing strong relationships with families and students, including regular communication that creates high levels of investment in school culture and academics; and
- Demonstrating a mission-first mindset to ensure all decisions and actions are rooted in ensuring that all students excel.
Successful candidates should:
- Be passionate about learning;
- Be a person of high moral character;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to and alignment with the mission, beliefs, and values of Bold;
- Have teaching experience with a proven track record of success in delivering instruction that is joyful, engaging, and rigorous;
- Hold an unwavering belief in the potential that all students can learn paired with an unshakeable conviction to ensure all students will learn;
- Have leadership experience with quantifiable results of success, outperforming peers in parallel fields and markets;
- Have the ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where responsibility for student success is shared and owned by everyone;
- Hold a commitment to solutions-based problem solving and previous experience of such;
- Hold a valid NYS teaching certification (preferred, but not required); and
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of achievement and leadership.
The commitment for this position begins August 2021.
Compensation for this position is extremely competitive and commensurate with experience, and includes a full benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bold Charter School is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.