Coordinator, Tech Support Team
- Job posted by Achievement Network (ANet)
Details: $14 - $15 / Hourly Wage
One Beacon Street
Coordinator, Tech Support Team
Location: Boston, MA
Position is available: Immediately
WHO WE ARE
Achievement Network (ANet) is a nonprofit dedicated to educational equity. We help schools boost student learning with great teaching that's grounded in standards, informed by data, and built on the successful practices of educators around the country.
Founded in 2005, ANet now serves over 700 schools educating over 230,000 students in California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Tennessee. Our support has consistently helped our partner schools—both district and charter—achieve breakthrough results for their students. ANet has received multiple awards and recognitions, including a prestigious Investing In Innovation (i3) grant from the federal government in 2010, New Schools Venture Fund's “Organization of the Year” in 2011, and The NonProfit Time's “Best Nonprofits to Work For” in 2015 and 2016.
ANet is a dynamic, values driven, team-oriented organization that is committed to the growth and development of all staff members. Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to join an exceptional team of colleagues committed to helping schools drive excellent teaching and learning by investing in each other and learning together.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about technology and seeks to delight our staff with amazing customer service! The Coordinator will join a Tech Support Team who supports nearly two hundred staff members nationwide in setting up and maintaining high functioning technology. Whether responding to a tech support ticket or setting up a new staff member's laptop, the Coordinator's high-quality customer service will ensure staff members have the technical resources and support they need to be effective in their day-to-day work. This is an exciting opportunity to gain first-hand experience in solving technology challenges in a dynamic nonprofit environment.
The Coordinator will report to the Managing Director, Information Technology.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Act as the initial response to all staff requests for technical assistance and ensure support issues and questions are routed to the appropriate Tech Support Team member
- Set-up laptops, phones, and other technical equipment for staff
- Support technology needs at ANet events in the Boston office
- Assist with the creation of documentation and updating knowledge base systems
- Manage technology asset records and ensure they are up to date
- Maintain and protect confidentiality of sensitive information
- Provide logistics support and equipment management
- Assist with scheduling needs for the team
- Learn new technologies in order to best support the Tech Support Team and ANet more broadly
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- You have a passion for technology and a desire to learn new things and grow your skills as a customer service technologist
- You are skilled at problem-solving and can adapt in a fast-paced environment that requires managing constantly changing priorities while driving toward deadlines
- You are collaborative and have a service-oriented mindset when addressing and supporting the needs of others
- You are motivated by collaboration and teamwork and know how to use strong communication and relationship-building skills to get work done
- You believe in ANet's mission and share our passion for increasing opportunities for children in underserved communities while operating with a sense of urgency in the support of schools
- You are committed to living out ANet's Core Values daily and are open to examining personal archetypes and bias while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege, all of which relate to our Advance Equity and People Matter values.
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a part-time, permanent role that entails approximately 30 hours of work per week paid at a rate of $15/hour. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year's holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button. You will then be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This is a part-time, permanent role that entails approximately 30 hours of work per week paid at a rate of $15/hour. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and th