We are looking for a Research Director to spearhead OpenMind’s efforts to develop and validate evidence-based interventions to help people bridge divides. The Research Director will be part of the leadership team and will be responsible for developing and executing OpenMind’s research agenda.
The ideal candidate is a business-savvy researcher with experience leading multi-modal research projects in organizational settings. The Research Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of research across the organization, including large-scale mixed-methods research projects with clients, developing assessments, overseeing randomized controlled trials, and leading our data analytics function. The Research Director will also work closely with our content and product teams to build the most effective learning solutions.
- Develop and lead the organization’s research agenda, including budgets, timelines, hiring/recruitment, and team management
- Build and maintain research partnerships with external collaborators
- Oversee our research within organizations to inform our learning solutions design, including multi-modal research and randomized controlled experiments
- Advance our learning solution effectiveness by running mini-studies and user research, conducting literature reviews, reviewing the content’s scientific accuracy, and overseeing the data analytics function
- Keep up-to-date with trends and research in social psychology, conflict resolution, and behavior change design, and continuously incorporate into our content as appropriate
- Communicate OpenMind’s research externally through journal and report publication, conference presentations, and media interviews
- Master's degree in a relevant field and 7+ years in applied behavioral science, or a Ph.D. in industrial and organizational psychology (I/O), social psychology, or a related field
- 3-5 years of industry experience in applied behavioral insights, people operations/analytics, or a related area
- Demonstrated experience developing assessments, designing interventions, conducting mixed-methods research, running randomized controlled experiments, and conducting complex analyses using multilevel and mixed-effects modeling
- Successful track record of project and research team management
- Expertise in designing effective behavior change interventions
- A passion for making a difference through psychology
- Strong programming experience in R and/or Python
- Excellent written and presentation skills