The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. Since its founding in 1949, the Institute has been driving change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most critical challenges facing communities in the United States and around the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, and an international network of partners.
The Human Resources Team Coordinator supports the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department across all functions (Benefits, Onboarding. Recruiting, Training, Performance Management, Reporting and DEI). The coordinator is responsible for a variety of tasks including assisting with the recruitment and onboarding process, maintaining personnel files, processing payments and invoices, scheduling meetings, and responding to general HR inquiries. The coordinator is an integral member of the HR team providing excellent customer service to all staff and working to ensure that the HR department runs smoothly.
This is a full-time position with expectation that the person will work in Aspen's DC office at least 3 days per week and the possibility of working virtually from home the other days.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Team Administrative Support
- Audit benefit bills
- Monitor HR e-mail inboxes
- Process payment requests and American Express transactions
- Prepare mailings as requested by HR Team
- Order supplies for HR Department
- Provide logistics/coordination for biweekly and Quarterly Orientations as well as other meetings for HR Department. Schedule meetings for the HR team members as requested
- Coordinate travel and accommodations logistics for non-DC based staff to attend trainings
- Support the coordination of the Institute's Internship Program. Assist in the coordination of welcome and end receptions, scheduling of professional development opportunities and exit interviews
- Disseminate holiday notifications to staff
- Update Employee Handbook and HR documents on Institute Intranet
- Assist with basic HR inquiries and employees to appropriate HR staff
- Coordinate staff occasions such as birthdays, sympathy, etc.
- Assist staff with questions regarding entering time in the HRIS.
- Respond to external requests for verification of employee for current and previous staff
- Add and remove job postings from internal and external websites
- Collaborate with Director of Talent and Employee Experience in the design and implementation of the recruitment plan; research job fairs and additional avenues to broaden recruiting efforts
- Primarily responsible for the applicant tracking process and is well versed with the department's Applicant Tracking System (ATS); train staff on the use of the ATS and provide answers as questions arise. Assist with screening resumes as requested
- Coordinate with hiring manager to close positions
- Notify all staff of open positions
- Conduct and track employment verifications and background checks
- Assist with initial employee onboarding inclusive of setting up new employee desks, greeting new hires, and creating and mailing benefit packets, and conducting first day orientation
- Schedule exit interviews with departing employees, distribute exit survey, and provide checklist to departing employees and their managers
- Assist with ensuring staff have the HR tools necessary to perform their duties
- Serve as Point of Contact with ATS vendor
HR Files and Paperwork
- Create personnel files for new staff
- Ensure terminated employee files are complete and properly filed
- Copy forms, replenish supplies, make human resources packets as necessary
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly department reports as necessary
- Track submission of employee forms and documents
- Responsible for tracking, notifications, and collection of 90-day Performance Reviews
- Assist with copying, mailing, filing, and data entry and tracking as requested
- Assist with coordination of staff trainings including disseminating invitations, tracking RSVPs, collecting and managing system of filing sign-in sheets, reserving conference room or other venue, copying/preparing materials, and setting up on day of training.
- Assist with coordinating other staff activities – send invitations and track RSVPs, reserve conference rooms, order food and supplies, create/copy materials, and set up on the day of the event:
- Social Committee: Holiday Party, Summer Outing and additional committee events
- Employee Orientations
- DEI Trainings and Town Halls
- Awards Ceremony
Assist with other HR duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or Bachelor's degree with a minimum two years of experience; or a appropriate combination of education and experience
- Prefer experience with automated payroll and HRIS systems.
- Proficiency with entire Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide strong customer service.
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively with employees in dealing with confidential issues.
Physical Requirements & Work Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume through the online portal.
The Institute has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy for all employees who will work at one of our physical locations, attend any of our in-person events or travel on behalf of the Institute. Staff unable to be vaccinated may request an exemption under certain circumstances.
The Aspen Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all District and federal laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/m6ag7MfqbNeECWGeFR7ey" />