Executive Assistant, National Network Team
- Job posted by Achievement Network (ANet)
Details: Yearly Salary
Executive Assistant, National Network Team
Location: Flexible (Boston or other ANet office location preferred)
Position is available: Immediately
WHO WE ARE
Achievement Network (ANet) is a nonprofit dedicated to educational equity. We help schools boost student learning with great teaching that's grounded in standards, informed by data, and built on the successful practices of educators around the country.
Founded in 2005, ANet now serves over 700 schools educating over 230,000 students in California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Tennessee. Our support has consistently helped our partner schools—both district and charter—achieve breakthrough results for their students. ANet has received multiple awards and recognitions, including a prestigious Investing In Innovation (i3) grant from the federal government in 2010, New Schools Venture Fund's “Organization of the Year” in 2011, and The NonProfit Time's “Best Nonprofits to Work For” in 2015 and 2016.
ANet is a dynamic, values driven, team-oriented organization that is committed to the growth and development of all staff members. Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to join an exceptional team of colleagues committed to helping schools drive excellent teaching and learning by investing in each other and learning together.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to support the logistical, operational, and communication details for the senior leadership on our National Network Team who are responsible for ensuring strong service delivery to ANet's partner schools. The Executive Assistant will play a central role in providing efficient, responsive, and proactive support in order to maximize the leadership team's time and advance the organization's strategic agenda. Overall, they will be collaborating with leadership and a team of Executive Assistants to communicate and support a culture of teamwork, innovation, and accountability. This role will report to the Managing Director, Network Strategy,
This is an exciting opportunity to:
- Work in a fast-paced, results- and solution-oriented environment
- Hone professional skills and gain unique perspectives by working alongside dynamic leaders in the education sector
- Develop strong relationship-building, communication, and critical thinking skills
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage calendars and arrange complex meetings and schedules while maintaining close attention to detail and confidentiality; ensure that meeting details are confirmed (attendance, time/duration, location, agendas), and proactively plan for travel time and other logistical considerations
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to four senior leaders by managing their daily workflow and administrative operations, including expenses for them and their teams
- Book and manage all travel arrangements for visits to our network team offices and to external events (approximately one trip per week)
- Organize and project plan the details of team events including coordinating logistics, catering, and materials
Coordination and Communication:
- Manage calendaring requests and coordination with external stakeholders
- Track deadlines and/or update organizational systems to ensure individual productivity and effectiveness aligned to priorities
- Internalize ANet and team members' priorities and anticipate team members' needs through a strong sense of empathy and personal accountability
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- You believe in ANet's mission and share our passion for increasing opportunities for children in underserved communities while operating with a sense of urgency in the support of schools
- You are committed to living out ANet's Core Values daily. You are open to examining personal archetypes and bias and discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to our Advance Equity and People Matter values.
- You are intrinsically motivated by operating behind-the-scenes to support others to do their best work
- You know how to get stuff done, whether that's managing your own workflows or managing others to move projects forward
- You consistently go above and beyond in meeting the needs of your team, and you take it upon yourself to proactively think of ways to make their workloads and schedules more manageable
- You sweat the small stuff and bring exceptional attention to detail to everything you do, even when juggling multiple projects and tasks at once
- You are an exceptional communicator and know how to get creative in order to influence internal and external stakeholders
- You like being strategic and problem-solving to find new and improved ways of getting work done
- You approach projects with a sense of possibility, see new challenges as an opportunity to learn and grow professionally, and take ownership over failures because you know it helps you grow fast
- You are your happiest and most successful in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and fast-paced environment where your work is visible and you are constantly getting feedback on your performance
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
- Advanced proficiency in creating, compiling, and tracking documents, spreadsheets and presentations, with familiarity of Google applications including Google Calendar, Drive, and Gmail
- Prior experience in an operations, logistics, or administrative role
WHAT WE OFFER
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year's holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button. You will then be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Minimum Education Required