Harvard UniversityProgram Manager
Harvard Law School
Harvard Defenders has approximately 85 Harvard Law School (HLS) student members and one supervising Attorney who together provide free legal representation to defendants in criminal show-cause hearings in local courts in Massachusetts. The Program Manager has sole responsibility for the overall operations of Harvard Defenders, a student practice organization, including student training, oversight of the client case management system, administrative support, financial management, policy compliance, communications and liaising with IT Services, Office of Clinical and Pro Bono Programs (OCP), and other departments. Job Code
359056 Admin Dept/Program AdminJob-Specific ResponsibilitiesAs a Program Manager, you will:
- Provide administrative supervision, guidance, and assistance to all Defender students including board members, on program policies, practices and procedures.
- Implement training programs on the client case management system and provide and/or coordinate leadership development and skill building training opportunities for students.
- Work directly with clients and assist students to address client needs in a holistic manner.
- Develop and oversee financial data, including the annual budget and resource allocation. Pay all program bills and process reimbursements. Order office supplies, update materials and keep office equipment in good working order.
- Serve as principal administrative contact and liaison for others at HLS, for community partners, the courts and the public.
- Coordinate external communications and community outreach, provide news updates and statistical reports for HLS-wide distribution, and support the maintenance of the program website.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, plus 3 or more years of relevant experience. Additional Qualifications and SkillsWe are looking for people who are/have:
Additional InformationBe a part of excellence and leadership in legal education and scholarship at Harvard Law School. We are a community of talented people from diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and perspectives, dedicated to advancing the cause of justice all over the world. We value our differences and our diversity as a source of strength. We are committed to developing and inspiring our students and our workforce. Whoever you are, whatever you do, however you do it, Harvard Law School is a place where you can thrive.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- A willingness to work with students in a student-led organization
- Fluent in Spanish (preferred)
- Legal, paralegal and/or social work experience (preferred)
- A commitment to assisting low-income people access services
- Effective communication skills, in both written and oral formats
- Work flexibly in both independent and team environments
All offers to be made by HLS Human Resources.Job Function
General AdministrationSub Unit
USA - MA - CambridgeDepartment
Harvard DefendersTime Status
00 - Non Union, Exempt or TemporarySalary Grade
Regular office hours with occasional evening work required.EEO Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/k5DpJeFbbXe8cXjVI2gob" />