Research Specialist - Boston, Philadelphia, San Francisco, or Washington, DC
- Job posted by Isaacson, Miller
Isaacson, Miller (IM), the largest executive search firm dedicated to serving the leadership recruitment needs of the civic sector, seeks a Research Specialist to collaborate with Partners and frontline recruiters across the firm to identify talent and evaluate future leaders.
In the era of big data, Research Specialists must use keen intellect and fervent analysis to investigate deeply and efficiently. This position will serve a critical role in the search process, sourcing candidates online through in-depth research and conducting in-depth screening of public records information. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated and intellectually curious individual to gain a thorough understanding of our nation’s civic infrastructure and help recruit its next leaders.
What you’ll do:
- Lead initial research strategy discussions with Partners and Associates and provide targeted research to aid in the successful completion of the search, including carrying out discrete research tasks.
- Provide background on the institution, field, and market.
- Build lists of names or organizations and research similar past searches and candidate pools to support associates during networking, using online databases and IM’s internal records and database.
- Research and organize oppositional research on candidates; done before later stage candidate presentations and interviews with the client, using news databases and Google,
- Prioritize and work on multiple tasks for multiple search professionals simultaneously and independently, delivering high quality work within established timelines.
- Participate in research team meetings and projects across offices; Coordinate workload with other research specialists.
Who you are:
- Communicative: Ability to listen well, and to write and speak clearly and concisely. Respond promptly and proactively update search teams on project progress. Motivated to understand the context and goals for research assignments; engages internal partners in ongoing dialogue about research projects, including deadlines and project status.
- Collaborative: Active inclination to seek knowledge from and share expertise with colleagues. Enjoys heads-down, independent work, in addition to collaborative engagement with both the search team and fellow researchers.
- Detail oriented: Proficient with accurate data entry. Ability to contribute to and follow research protocols, where applicable.
- Flexible: Ability to recognize and accommodate internal customers’ varied approaches to and expectations of research. Ability to tailor communications to each recipient.
- Self-motivated: Self-directed and able to work independently. Ability to recognize and articulate problems and propose creative solutions. Inquisitive and driven to understand the context and implications of the work. Ability to identify and articulate professional development goals.
- Bachelor’s degree with two to three years of translatable, professional experience; non-profit or higher education experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with search engines, web browsers, databases, and common office software. Willingness to discover, explore, master, and, when appropriate, teach new tools, sources, and techniques. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- A passion for Isaacson, Miller’s mission of serving the civic sector.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply and learn more, please follow the link above.