Details: $15.00 - $18.00/hr
1001 Connecticut Ave. NW
Do you have fundraising and development experience, with a passion for history and the arts?
We are currently in search of a Development Specialist for a National Nonprofit Organization. The position is based in Bethesda, MD. This is a fulltime, temp-to-perm assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: National Nonprofit Organization
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD (Metro Accessible)
POSITION TITLE: Development Specialist
SCHEDULE: Fulltime (9am-5pm)
HOURLY PAY: $15.00-$18.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Development Specialist will report to the Vice President of Development and is responsible for supporting the development and fundraising team with administrative and project management support related to fundraising events, individual donor cultivation and stewardship.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor Degree; required
- 2-3 years of fundraising/development experience in a nonprofit environment
- Strong verbal and written skills, including strong business writing
- Strong Analytical Skills, ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently with little supervision
- Organized, detailed, resourceful and demonstrate strong interest in fundraising with excellent interpersonal skills required
- Familiarity with database systems, such as Salesforce and EveryAction
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed while also able to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Flexibility to travel and occasionally work overtime including nights and weekends
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Conduct ongoing research in business, philanthropy and related fields to identify potential donors and sources of donor information
- Exhibit at relevant conferences and annual meetings to promote the Organization
- Assist with monitoring event-related budgets, recording expenses, and preparing expense reports
- Review media outlets for relevant current events and prospect opportunities for autism awareness pieces, collaborations, donors and supporters
- Review social media channels to prospect potential donors and supporters in coordination with Organization communications staff
- Assist in management of organization-wide donor reporting system
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Development Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required