Director of Facilities
- Job posted by Los Angeles LGBT Center
The Los Angeles LGBT Center is seeking candidates for the role of Director of Facilities. This is an exciting opportunity for the right leader to join a world-class organization that serves as a place of hope, healing, and inspiration to LGBT people throughout Los Angeles. The Center provides services for more LGBT people than any other organization in the world and is poised to build off of 50 years of impact and growth to lead us to the next 50 years of service to the LGBT community.
ABOUT LOS ANGELES LGBT CENTER
Since 1969 the Los Angeles LGBT Center (“Center”) has cared for, championed, and celebrated LGBT individuals and families in Los Angeles and beyond. Today the Center's more than 600 employees provide services for more LGBT people than any other organization in the world, offering programs, services, and global advocacy that span four broad categories: Health, Social Services and Housing, Culture and Education, Leadership and Advocacy.
For more information on Los Angeles LGBT Center please visit lalgbtcenter.org.
The Director of Facilities plays an important role in fulfilling the Center's mission of “building a world where LGBT people thrive as healthy, equal and complete members of society.” This dedicated and dynamic leader will manage a diverse portfolio of eight locations, including health centers and residential facilities, and will work closely with each to understand their facilities needs and priorities in support of the Center's mission. The Director of Facilities will lead a talented, dedicated, and passionate team who are looking to be taken to the next level by an inspirational leader.
This opportunity comes at an important and exciting time for the Center. In 2019, the Center will celebrate 50 years of service by opening the Anita May Rosenstein Campus, which will be the world's largest community center serving LGBT people. The new facility will offer multi-generational living and support programs to the community. The Director of Facilities will play an integral role in the opening and management of this state-of-the-art facility and will have a lasting impact in the Los Angeles LGBT community.
The Director of Facilities will be responsible for directing the design, planning, construction and maintenance of the Center's facilities and properties; security operations and parking resources. This individual will develop budgets and long-range facilities plans based on organizational growth and future facility's needs. The Director of Facilities will oversee the functioning of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, plumbing, and waste management. This individual will ensure that building operations comply with all local zoning laws and regulations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic Leadership
- Oversee the daily operations and management of more than 400,000 square feet of agency real estate in eight separate locations and the Facilities Management staff
- Provide leadership and direction in determining departmental and Center requirements and priorities for day-to-day, short term, and long-range planning needs
- Establish scope of work and specific needs for all departmental and Center renovations and repairs
- Oversee various building preservation projects including regulation of maintenance standards, monitoring of repairs, and supervision of renovation projects
- Fiscal Oversight
- Work closely with Senior Executive Team members in the development of fiscal management and budgeting plans for facilities management
- Staff & Vendor Management
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting, developing, mentoring and coaching staff and inspiring and motivating individual and team performance
- Locate vendors, negotiate contracts, monitor performance and maintain service records and warranties for all long-term assets
- Interview, hire, interface with and direct all contractors necessary to develop plans for renovations and new construction projects including securing bids and negotiating contracts for all projects
- Maintain building security systems and contracts; control lock and key systems; develop and monitor all property access procedures
- Compliance Management
- Maintain and monitor safety and fire code standards and regulations for all properties
- Perform functions of agency Safety Director; develop, monitor and maintain agency-wide Total Safety Program, including distribution of materials, training and compliance
- Evaluate and ensure agency compliance with all pertinent government and regulatory agency requirements
- Maintain accurate records of all contract agreements, design plans, permits, necessary vendor licenses and records of insurance coverage
Los Angeles LGBT Center has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. This search is being led by Michelle Bonoan and Medelene Beasley. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume here, or email Michelle and Medelene at the following:
Michelle R.S. Bonoan
The Los Angeles LGBT Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status.
ABOUT KOYA LEADERSHIP PARTNERS
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital-consulting firm that works exclusively with nonprofits and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.
Minimum Education Required