ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
OneTen is a coalition of leading chief executives and their companies who are coming together to upskill, hire and promote one million Black individuals who do not yet have a four-year degree into family-sustaining jobs with opportunities for advancement over the next 10 years. OneTen connects employers with talent partners including leading nonprofits and other skill-credentialing organizations who support the development of diverse talent. By creating more equitable and inclusive workforces, we believe we can reach our full potential as a nation of united citizens.
To learn more, please visit: https://oneten.org/
ABOUT THE POSITION
OneTen is seeking a Controller to lead the accounting and reporting operations for the organization's $100M+ annual budget. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial & Administrative Officer (CFAO), the Controller will oversee all day-to-day accounting operations, design financial models, produce financial statements, and manage reports and annual budgets. The Controller will also develop, implement and monitor internal processes and controls and will serve as the primary liaison with financial consultants, auditors and tax accountants.
Financial Modeling / Budgets
- Monitor spending, conduct expense analyses, recommending operational efficiencies/cost savings, as appropriate
- Ensure proper cash management; maintain appropriate bank accounts and adequate cash for investment programs and other cash needs, transferring excess cash into Money Market investment accounts on a monthly basis (or as necessary)
- Prepare monthly internal management reports, providing timely and accurate financial information as requested
- Present to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and work closely with the senior leadership team as required in preparing for Committee meetings of the Board of Directors
Accounting and Reporting
- Oversee accounting operations including day-to-day accounting transactions, preparation of periodic financial reports, and maintenance of adequate systems of accounting records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Manage the outsourced financial accounting team to ensure the timely close of monthly financial activities and preparation of accurate monthly and year-end financial statements
- Review monthly bank account reconciliations and prepare monthly cash flow statements and assist financial consultant in monthly cash flow or other analysis reports
- Manage annual financial audits, pension audit of all related entities; prepare and/or review all audit schedules; act as liaison with auditors; drafts audit reports and notes to financial statements
- Regularly present complex financial information to internal and external stakeholders, such as donors, partners, auditors, etc.; oversee preparation of or assist in gathering required data for certain Board and Committee reports
- Manage the preparation of annual financial statements and tax returns, collaborating with external accountant and other vendors, as appropriate
- Ensure that all regulations for 501(c)3 compliance are met, including the filing of the sales tax returns, annual form 5500, charitable giving state filings, annuity reserve filings, and lobbying activity reports and 990/990T preparation Document, and/or maintain documentation of all internal fiscal control policies and procedures
- At least 7 to 10+ years of professional experience in accounting and finance, evaluating, presenting, and reporting financial information to executive teams and external stakeholders
- Minimum Bachelor's degree with a CPA strongly preferred; advanced knowledge of GAAP fund accounting and proficiency with accounting software (Sage Intacct), contracting software (Salesforce), and expense management platforms (Nexonia)
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to OneTen's mission
- Experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, analysis, disbursement, receivable collection, general ledger, payroll, and investment accounting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of managing difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board members, or other outside partners; ability to interpret and translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels
- Technologically savvy with experience leveraging cloud based platforms for collaboration and a willingness to explore the potential of new technology developments
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software; familiarity with Business Intelligence/Analytics software also a plus
- Keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation and presenting proposed solutions to solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers, with a strong customer service orientation
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
OneTen is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
On-Ramps is committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals in the hiring process, including but not limited to those with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.