- Job posted by Childcare Supervisor
Manages the staff and activities of the childcare service at Sarah Burke House and collaborates with the Children and Family Services Director to set the tone for the department consistent with the mission and goals of Sanctuary for Families.
- Manages the childcare program
- Manages recruitment, hiring, training, development and evaluation of childcare staff
- Ensures compliance with accepted childcare guidelines and procedures.
- Communicates with parents regarding program requirements, activities and children's progress.
- Enrolls children in the program, maintains program files, and develops statistical reports.
- Participates in the direct care of children as needed.
- Observes and assesses children's social, emotional, physical and intellectual development
- Participates in family services team reviews pertaining to children's development and behavior.
- Monitors program budgetary allowance.
- Develops, implements, and facilitates weekly parents' support group.
- Reports to the New York State Department of Health Child and Adult Care Food Program regarding the provision of meals and snacks to children enrolled in the childcare and after school programs.
- Maintains contact with specific donor organizations, receives and arranges distribution of donations.
- Enters enrollment and support group data into computerized Service Tracking System.
- Perform any other department or agency related duties or special project as directed.
- B.A. Degree in Early Childhood Preferred, Or Related Degree,
- Minimum of four years' experience working in an educational setting with children and families required
Minimum Education Required