466 Geary Street
Are you an independent and skilled maintenance technician? Do you have experience in plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and HVAC? Are you a people person who enjoys working in a team?
We are currently in search of a Maintenance Technician for a Social Service nonprofit organization. The position is based in San Rafael, CA. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service
LOCATION: San Rafael, CA
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Technician
SALARY: $20 - $30/hr
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Maintenance Technician, you will assure the upkeep of the organization’s facilities and equipment using your high-level electrical, plumbing and carpentry or HVAC skills. You will also develop and maintain excellent relationships with all stakeholders and provide keen attention to detail. In collaboration the Facilities department, you will serve as a main point of contact and ensure safety for all staff members, students, and volunteers.
· Medical, dental, vision (PPO/HMO)
· 401 K plan
· Paid time off and sick leave
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 2-5 years of experience in plumbing, electrical, carpentry or HVAC maintenance
· Time management and excellent organization; strong management and supervisory experience
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision; strong project management and written/ verbal communication skills
· Experience with word processing and using different databases
· Ability to multi-task and comfortable in a growing working environment
· Valid driver’s license required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Responsible for plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and HVAC repairs and maintenance for an 11-acre facility hosting administrative and residential facilities
· Manage a fleet of vehicles and all servicing requirements, from new tires to registration
· Assure upkeeps of equipment, infrastructure, and on/off site facilities
· Follow the city, state and federal rules and regulations
· Work with a team and collaborate with other departments on maintenance and preventive projects and missions
· Evaluate budgets and timelines for multiple and diverse projects
· Maintain inventory of supplies and order as necessary; represent and comply with the organization’s safety procedures and requirements
· Visit various building sites often and work closely with managers to examine needs of each building and its residents
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Maintenance Technician” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required