- Job posted by North Shore Community Health
MEDICAL DIRECTOR Peabody Family Health Center
We are passionate about our mission here at North Shore Community Health! Our mission is to build healthy communities by providing exceptional care to all. If you are someone that shares our mission and believes that first impressions are lasting impressions, you are a great candidate for us. We have a full-time opening for a Medical Director for our Gloucester Family Health Center. The Medical Director Peabody Family Health Center acts in accordance with the Chief Medical Officer, Director of School Based Health and the Salem and Gloucester Medical Directors to carry out all aspects of the medical services program. The Medical Director provides day-to-day administrative support and coordination of the Health Center's activities. The Medical Director consults with and advises the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Operations Officer and the Chief Executive Officer on problems relating to the operation of health center facilities and recommends changes in administrative policies to carry out objectives of North Shore Community Health, more effectively. As a team member at our health center, you will work with staff who are racially, ethnically and culturally diverse, so being culturally competent is required. A sense of humor is also very important!
- Provide patient care.
- Direct and coordinate identified medical and related activities
- Assist in establishing standards of medical services
- Advise the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Senior Management team and Leadership Team on medical and administrative activities
- Plan and direct staff conferences and in-services for instructional purposes
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process for medical providers
- Facilitate medical staff/provider meetings, in conjunction with the CMO
- Collaborate with the CMO to conduct peer reviews for all medical staff focusing on quality of care and appropriate coding
- Help to guide production, approval and implementation of medical practice procedures, protocols and policies
- In conjunction with the Director of operations and site supervisor, manage provider schedule for Gloucester Family Health Center and Saturday patient care hours
- Collaborate with the CMO and other Medical Directors on grant-specific projects, including the development of a work plan, monitoring quality measures, and implement measures to improve outcomes related to various clinical measures
- Provide clinical leadership for utilization of the DRVS data system
- Serve as Site Sponsor and oversee activities of the LEAN team
- Collaborate with Dental Director around efforts to improve integration of Medical and Dental departments
- Supervise special projects as agreed upon
- MD or NP required with current Massachusetts License
- Five plus years working as an MD or as an NP in an ambulatory care setting; experience in a Community Health Center preferred
- Three plus years of management experience preferred
- Proven ability to manage and lead projects
- Knowledge of Quality Improvement concepts, methodologies, and activities
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills with attention to detail
- Successful experience developing processes, mentoring and being a visionary in the healthcare field
- Fluent in Spanish a plus
- Competency in working with Microsoft Office Suite and GE Centricity is a plus
North Shore Community Health (NSCH) offers comprehensive primary care, dental services, behavioral health care, care management, pharmacy, medication-assisted treatment and enrollment services. In 2016, NSCH provided services to 13,157 patients through 54,460 visits. NSCH has 10 services sites: Salem Family Health Center, the largest and highest volume site, the school-based health centers at Salem High School and Peabody Veterans Memorial High School, Gloucester Family Health Center, Peabody Family Health Center, and behavioral health services only at the Bentley Academy, Collins Middle School, Nathaniel Hawthorne School, Bates Elementary School, and the Peabody Learning Academy. NSCH offers competitive benefit plans. NSCH is an equal opportunity employer. Visit www.NSCH.org for more information.
Workplace Anti-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The policy of NSCH is to provide equal employment opportunities by recruiting, hiring, training and promoting applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, disability, handicap, military obligations, veteran status or any other category protected by law ("protected class status"). We affirm that the above policy reflects NSCH's attitude and its intention to do the following:
- Recruit, hire and promote for all job classifications without regard to protected class status;
- Base decisions on employment so as to further the principles of equal employment opportunity;
- Make promotion decisions are in accord with principals of equal employment opportunity;
- Administer personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, determinations and Center-sponsored training without regard to protected class status;
- Make equal employment opportunities available to qualified disabled or handicapped persons;
- Provide equal employment opportunities to those who are Veterans.
Please visit https://nschi.applicantpro.com to apply. Please include resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Minimum Education Required