Part-time Business Development Intern
- Job posted by Achievement Network (ANet)
Details: $14 - $15 / Hourly Wage
One Beacon Street
Part-time Business Development Intern
Location: Boston, MA
Position is available: May 2018
WHO WE ARE
Achievement Network (ANet) is a nonprofit dedicated to educational equity. We help schools boost student learning with great teaching that's grounded in standards, informed by data, and built on the successful practices of educators around the country.
Founded in 2005, ANet now serves over 700 schools educating over 230,000 students in California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Tennessee. Our support has consistently helped our partner schools—both district and charter—achieve breakthrough results for their students. ANet has received multiple awards and recognitions, including a prestigious Investing In Innovation (i3) grant from the federal government in 2010, New Schools Venture Fund's “Organization of the Year” in 2011, and The NonProfit Time's “Best Nonprofits to Work For” in 2015 and 2016.
ANet is a dynamic, values driven, team-oriented organization that is committed to the growth and development of all staff members. Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to join an exceptional team of colleagues committed to helping schools drive excellent teaching and learning by investing in each other and learning together.
We are seeking an intern to support the Business Development Team with the execution of contract agreements and tracking of projected school and district partnerships with ANet in preparation for the 18-19 school year. This person will also support marketing analytics projects related to our newsletter and email marketing campaigns. This position is temporary (ideally from late-May 2018 through August 2018).
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist with contract execution for current and new school partners
o Generate standard contracts using information captured in Salesforce database
o Send documents electronically for signature to the appropriate contacts
o Enter data into each partner's Salesforce record to update contract status and invoicing requirements
o Track document completion, following up as necessary for outstanding contracts and saving contracts in the appropriate location
o Assist with procurement projects, including research of contract guidelines and completing required paperwork
o Troubleshoot and escalate questions from partners regarding contracts
- Assist with marketing analytics projects
o Enter newsletter data into tracking system and assist with analyzing results
o Analyze promoter survey data for campaign and testimonial content
o Monitor Google AdWords data, sort key words, and use data to adjust campaigns
o Set up newsletter campaigns using MailChimp platform
o Perform market research and investigate new channels and marketing tactics
- Assist with special projects
o Assist with data entry and database clean-up for special projects, as needed.
o Assist with various business development operational and administrative tasks, as needed.
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- You sweat the small stuff and bring exceptional attention to detail to everything you do, even when juggling multiple projects and tasks at once
- You bring experience and proficiency with using Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- You are skilled at learning new technology platforms quickly
- You are energized by working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, highly collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels
- You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily and are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet's Advance Equity and People Matter values
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
- Interest and/or experience using a database/CRM such as Salesforce
- Interest and/or experience in data analysis
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a part-time, temporary position for Summer 2018 and entails approximately 25 hours per week and would pay at a rate of $15/hour.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button. You will then be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis.