Women Engaged is seeking a full-time Atlanta-based Data Specialist to oversee all data management and provide strategic recommendation and insight to ensure data and database operations are as efficient and effective as possible. This position reports to the Vice President of Political & Civic Engagement.
The ideal candidate has a strong technical background, familiarity with CRMs and data tools used in progressive campaigning, and experience analyzing data and staying current on tools available to provide vetted recommendations. This person is an innovative leader committed to social justice, advocacy and positive change.
About Women Engaged
Women Engaged exists because if Black women thrive, everyone around her flourishes.
Since 2014, Women Engaged uses an innovative, hands-on community based learning approach to advance Black women’s human rights, Black youth empowerment and civic engagement efforts in Georgia. Women Engaged develops policy recommendations, conducts research and organizes initiatives paired with leadership development, savvy communications outreach strategies and robust civic engagement opportunities.
For more information, please visit: https://www.womenengaged.org
The Data Specialist, who is based in Atlanta, will be responsible for:
- Maintaining documentation of all voter contact, turnout, volunteer data using our CRMs
- Making strategic recommendations and providing insight into ways to make data and database operations more efficient and effective
- Creating and leading accessible trainings for staff and volunteers to best utilize every data and campaign tool WE uses
- Joining respective state/national workgroup and coalition meetings to ensure Women Engaged remains up-to-date on the latest and cutting edge civic engagement data tools
- Researching and provide recommendations on data tools that will advance the mission of Women Engaged
Who should apply
For this position, we are seeking candidates who have experience managing data systems to maximize progressive campaign work and goals. You must be confident in executing responsibilities virtually, with the ability to pivot to in-person engagement when it is deemed safe. You should have
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and gender equity and record of success working with communities of color, women, low-income people, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and other historically marginalized communities
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to build strong relationships and trust across race, gender, class, and other identities
- Committed to advancing the vision and goals of Women Engaged
- Background in 501c3 work and the desire to work with progressive organizations
- Must be able to work professionally and communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts, constituents, and vendors
- Ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining a high level of detail orientation and meeting deadlines
- Be a self-starter, attentive to detail, a team player and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have experience with the VAN (Voter Activation Network), NationBuilder, or other civic engagement platforms
- Ability and experience facilitating data trainings using an equitable lens
- At least one cycle in political, nonprofit, labor, or community organization, either paid or unpaid
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to translate technical instructions into easy-to-follow language for non-technical audiences
- Experience manipulating large data sets
- Strong Microsoft Excel & Google sheet skills
- Ability to convey results in numerical, qualitative, and visual formats
This position is full-time and based in the metro-Atlanta area.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $65,000. Women Engaged offers a generous benefits package.
Women Engaged is an equal opportunity employer. We especially encourage people of color, LGBTQ people, transgender and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities to apply.
Join our Team
We love working with people who are:
- Loyal - Are you able to stick with Black women, girls, and femmes until they get to where they want to be in life?
- Helpful - Are you willing to provide help that solves problems and empowers?
- Resourceful - Are you able to think logistically and skillfully take on new situations?
Everyone at Women Engaged has a good time bringing rigor, thoughtfulness, generosity, and joy to their work.
- Reading - We think deeply and attempt to understand the issues that affect black women, their families and communities and what it takes for them to thrive.
- Pursuing Excellence - We don’t give up or take shortcuts that will compromise the quality of our work.
- Engaging - We eagerly engage in dialogue through social media and/or conversations in order to build relationships with stakeholders, allies, community members, and public leaders on the issues deemed important to Black women, girls, and femmes, from Black women, girls, and femmes.
How to apply
Apply using this link
NRG Consulting Group is leading the search for Women Engaged’s Data Specialist. For more information or to schedule an informational interview, please contact Naomi Roth-Gaudette at firstname.lastname@example.org.