466 Geary Street
We are currently in search of a Deputy Director of Programs for a Nonprofit. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Deputy Director of Programs
SALARY: $115K - $130K/year
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Deputy Director of Programs, you will work closely with the Senior Director to oversee all programmatic efforts for the organization, from design to implementation. You will hold a data-driven mindset and analyze all programmatic data to understand strengths, weaknesses and identify solutions. This role will bridge all gaps between programs, operations, and development and be able to serve as a resource to any internal or external partner to the organization. This is an ideal role for a collaborative, nonprofit professional with a proven track record of building partnerships and effective project management.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 8-10 years of programs, management, and/or consulting experience
· Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree, highly desirable
· Advanced computer skills; experience with Salesforce, a plus
· Passionate about serving disenfranchised communities
· Management experience specifically in a nonprofit setting, preferably with a direct service team
· Demonstrated expertise with building programs and establishing best practices
· Able to work among diverse clientele and working styles; effective listener who can manage expectations and provide results
· Expert oral and written communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Gather, analyze, and review the success of programs and effectively advise the best course of action, both in the short and long-term
· Collaborate with Senior Director to oversee day-to-day operations, including the hiring, supervision, and training of up to 5 program managers
· Consistently implement project management deadlines and work closely with necessary team members to ensure deliverables and deadlines are being met
· Research and review best practices around policies and procedures on specific projects; recommend goals and objectives to colleagues
· Interact often with Senior Director and Clinical Director; provide expert-level consult to managers
· Serve as the right-hand program director; maintain and develop relationships among staff members and outside community leaders
· Execute special projects as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Deputy Director of Programs” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required