- Job posted by Weill Cornell Medicine
Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: Finance and Grants
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: Exempt
Under guidance, coordinates and assists with the overall financial, administrative and grant activities of the department.
- Oversees and coordinates grants management and financial management in support of research staff in the department. Serves as the point-of-contact and resource to staff for all research grant activities for pre- and post-award.
- Oversees and coordinates post-award activities. Provides on-going financial oversight of grants and contracts including but not limited to: tracking of funds, evaluating expenditures, forecasting, preparation and submission of progress and final reports.
- Responsible for grants and contracts processing. Oversees accurate completion and timely routing of internal paperwork and disclosures. Negotiates with sponsor as needed for contract execution. Maintains database and records to track activities.
- Oversees and coordinates pre-award activities. Ensures timely submission of federal, foundation, and industry-sponsored grant applications and contracts. Oversees the organization and preparation of all components of grant applications.
- Maintains, tracks and updates effort tracking to ensure compliance with time and effort policies.
- Works with investigators to manage budgeting process for grants and contracts and assists in general budget development and implementation.
- Manages purchasing, payments of services and reimbursements of expenses. Monitors expenses for correct allocation to funds.
- Assists with the preparation of standard and ad-hoc financial reports as needed. Provides analysis and reasons for variance as needed. Forecasts expenditures and makes recommendation for corrective action if deficits are projected.
- Ensures compliance with institutional policies regarding systems access and training required for access for human subjects research.
- May assist with program specific promotional or outreach activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Approximately 2 years of experience with non-profit financial activity.
- Full knowledge of federal and non-federal research regulations and policies.
- Experience in grants managment, including pre- and post-award management, financial analysis, budgeting and eperience with NIH and industry sponsors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple large-scale projects and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and database applications.
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required