CTSC Education Program Specialist
- Job posted by Weill Cornell Medicine
CTSC Education Program Specialist
Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: Education
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Weill Cornell is seeking a motivated, skilled, agile individual to join the education team of the Clinical Translational Science Center (CTSC) whose mission is train the next generation of clinical researchers to improve patient health. This is an amazing opportunity to join a group of talented individuals working towards real social impact. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Education, coordinates the Education Program operations for about 100 trainees, including: admissions, events (hackathons, speaker series, alumni panel), social media & marketing, document maintenance, evaluations, and student affairs. Analyzes issues, monitors administrative operations; prepares summary reports; and disseminates appropriate information to faculty, staff, and students. Serves as resource to students regarding application submission, progress reporting, and thesis activities.
- Serves as frontline resource for inquiries from potential applicants, students and faculty.
- Works with offices of the registrar and other partner program offices to implement student enrollment, onboarding, registration.
- Maintains hard copy and/or electronic files and databases. Ensures the security, accuracy and integrity of records.
- Tracks NIH appointment and termination forms. Follows-up with trainees to complete submission of documents in a timely manner.
- Coordinates course logistics, including development of class schedules, implementation of new/existing courses, course registration and student orientation.
- Coordinates scheduling and logistics of special events and activities.
- Drafts, edits and disseminates communications regarding administrative, academic, programmatic, and procedural matters to students, mentors, faculty, investigators and staff.
- Updates content on departmental website.
- Assists with planning, developing, and implementing program recruitment efforts.
- Coordinates & processes applications for admissions. Reviews & verifies applications for completeness and accuracy. Disseminates applications for scientific review. Coordinates collection of reviews & prepares background materials for committee meetings.
- Coordinates the admission process for education programs. Assists students/candidates with the completion of forms.
- May develop, maintain and/or disseminate departmental or functional specific policies and procedures. May also be responsible for maintaining a departmental standard operating procedures (SOP) manual if available.
- Provides direction to and training of staff on functional specific tasks, applications, concepts, policies and/or procedures.
- Implements evaluation surveys, tracks response rates, coordinates and summarizes survey results.
- Keeps up-to-date with NIH notices and guidelines and assist in preparing program policies.
- Tracks and reviews regulatory documents for students participating in research involving animal or human subjects.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Approximately 4-5 years of previous related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and database applications.
- Proficiency manipulating large data sets and data management tools and platforms.
- Proficiency using classroom technology.
- Detail oriented and superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to multi-task and self-prioritize work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Ability to walk travel between WCM campuses and local partner institutions within Manhattan.
- Requires working some hours beyond 9:00am to 5:00pm for class and events support, or to complete projects
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/zk9mr8f8z7k4yks2
Minimum Education Required