Texas Director of Major Gifts
- Job posted by IGNITE
IGNITE is a national, non-partisan 501c3 that is building a movement of young women who are ready and eager to become the next generation of political leaders. IGNITE offers civic education, exposure to elected women, hands on training and work opportunities, and a peer network of women who support each other's aspirations.
IGNITE has a national office (located in Oakland, CA) that is responsible for:
- Developing and codifying IGNITE programs, packaging them and making them digitally available;
- Developing a national communications calendar (including social media) and writing all communications;
- Developing national partnerships;
- Working in partnership with staff to raise individual contributions from supporters across the US;
- Securing corporate sponsorships to support national-scale work; and
- Developing annual budgets and managing all agency resources.
This is a full-time position based in Greater Texas. For more information on IGNITE, please visit www.ignitenational.org.
The Director of Major Gifts will be responsible for securing funds for the organization by:
- Identifying, cultivating and soliciting new supporters who are passionate about IGNITE's mission; and
- Managing and growing a portfolio of donors and institutional funders, assuring that as many as possible are retained and upgraded in their giving and involvement.
Responsibilities of the Texas Director of Major Gifts include the following:
- Research and identify prospective individual and institutional (foundation and corporate) donors who have the capacity to make 4-6+ figure gifts;
- Manage and grow a portfolio of 50-75 existing and prospective donors;
- Create monthly reports as required by management that accurately reflect portfolio activity and performance;
- Design and execute donor and fundraising events; and
- Perform other major donor activities as may be required.
The benefit of this position will be the satisfaction of helping donors and institutional supporters fulfill their passions and interests through their giving to IGNITE. Currently, IGNITE's annual TX budget is $500K - $300K of which is contributed by foundations and the remaining funds by individuals and corporations.
The Texas Director of Major Gifts of IGNITE will possess the following attributes and competencies:
- Ability to identify and qualify donors as potential major supporters;
- Ability to in a timely and cost-effective manner, create a plan for personal contact and solicitation that takes into account individual donors' interests, motivations, giving patterns and ask preferences;
- Ability to ensure that donors are updated regularly, as appropriate, on how their money was used;
- Ability to create timely internal reports that reflect portfolio performance;
- Ability to protect the mission, goals and values of IGNITE.
- Passion for and commitment to the mission of IGNITE;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred, degree in public policy, political science, nonprofit management, education or related field a plus;
- 5-7 years development experience;
- Demonstrated ability to raise four, five and six-figure gifts;
- Experience building mutually beneficial relationships with diverse constituents;
IGNITE is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rz72nx3cvkh9k2b6
Minimum Education Required