Rising Tide Interactive is strongly committed to employing our knowledge of the internet to create positive change – helping Democratic candidates as well as organizations who focus on promoting social justice. We’re a full-service digital marketing agency dedicated to using data-driven strategy to achieve results that matter for our clients. We build winning digital programs by marrying our clients’ unique stories and goals with top-notch design, compelling narrative, and precise targeting.
We are seeking a Director of Digital Content Strategy who will work with the Client Strategy and Creative teams to oversee the direction, production, and overarching content strategy at RTI. You’ll be an integral part of brainstorming and developing compelling content that meets our clients’ needs across email marketing, digital advertising, and social media. You’ll also participate in strategic conversations and decisions about content strategy and set and implement processes that allow for our team to be as efficient and successful as possible. In addition, this role will be responsible for leading our internal marketing efforts.
As a member of our team, you will:
Creative & Innovative Content
- Work to ensure that our offerings are innovative and sufficient to exceed client expectations, using cross-client data to make recommendations for new content
- Guide content strategy and best practices in content for RTI’s clients
- Push the envelope and identify opportunities for RTI to be a leader in the creative space
- Collaborate with content strategists, digital strategists, video editors, and the vice president of creative to produce effective and innovative digital-first video
- Draft copy for clients as needed, including rapid response email copy and video scripts for high profile clients
Guiding Clients’ Messaging
- Guide the direction and overarching approach of RTI’s content strategy across clients by identifying opportunities and making recommendations for creative messaging and concepts, serving as a subject matter expert on digital content, and participating in strategic conversations and decisions for clients
- Create a feedback loop between Content Strategists and client teams to evaluate specific tactics, approaches, styles, or topics that are performing well or well-received by clients
- Guide content teams in understanding the nuances and differences in messaging, approach, and goals of different types of digital content including persuasion, fundraising, email, preroll, and social.
- Work with Content Strategists to ensure each client's voice is consistent and learnings about messaging are being shared across the team
Management, Leadership, and Business Development
- Manage, hire, train, and mentor junior and senior-level content strategists and digital video content strategists
- Offer clear feedback on content created by others
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to set the direction of the department and other company initiatives
- Serve as the primary lead for RTI’s external marketing content, working with the Marketing and Business Development teams to guide RTI's brand voice and create content that meets our marketing goals
- Assist with production and proofing of proposals and marketing materials, pitch new business, and mentor direct reports in developing new business skills
- Collaborate with the Head of People and Culture to draft internal communication as needed
- Assist the Creative Traffic Manager in overseeing day-to-day workflow of the content strategy department, maintaining infrastructure that meets all of the agency’s copywriting needs, and monitoring workload and product of the content team
We’re looking for someone:
- Who has at least 5 years of professional experience writing for digital channels in a political environment including email marketing programs, advertising, and branding campaigns, video scripts, websites, etc.
- Who is an experienced manager who wants to manage, train, and mentor a team
- Who has strong writing and editing skills
- Who has professional experience working directly with account and creative teams and has experience with relationship building and problem-solving across teams
- Who is tuned into and embraces the rapidly changing digital media landscape, ready to pivot whenever platforms change their rules, audiences begin to react differently, or test results provide insight into new best practices
- Who is a passionate team member who is excited about Democratic candidates and causes, ideally with experience in political communications
- Who understands the power of words and enjoys finding the precise and intentional language that will drive people to action
- Salary band: $95,000-$115,000
- This position is based in our office in Washington, DC
- Due to COVID-19, our offices are closed and all employees are working remotely through at least January 2022.
About Rising Tide:
Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, Voto Latino, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, Giffords, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2022.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Rising Tide Interactive participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Rising Tide Interactive is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before Rising Tide Interactive can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Rising Tide Interactive can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Apply for this position