- Job posted by Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for an administrative professional to fill the role of Receptionist/HR Assistant. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree as well as two to four years of Receptionist or Customer Service work experience. PLI’s client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about helping others, has a friendly demeanor and has a high level of motivation and organization.
The main responsibility of the Receptionist located at the Reception desk on the 3rd Floor of PLI’s NYC headquarters is to greet visitors in a professional, welcoming manner, and to answer general inquiry phone calls using the same hospitable approach.
The primary daily function of the Receptionist/HR Assistant will be to follow instructions from PLI Front Desk Script and Processes document. In addition, the Receptionist/HR Assistant will be tasked with the following:
• Log visitors in building security system at the request of PLI employees. Maintain daily visitor log and print hard copy for review by President and others each morning upon request. File hard copies in visitor log binder.
• Assist with scheduling candidate interviews and HR-related meetings.
• Support talent acquisition function by posting job advertisements and conducting research upon request.
• Assist with organizing holiday card and birthday card mailings.
• Scan and save documents (reviews, forms, files, etc.) in appropriate folders.
• Provide customer support to customer/vendor callers with basic inquiries.
• Identify call trends and alert HR and/or Customer Service of any recurring questions or topics that are raised by our customers in effort to determine the best way to address recurring issues and streamline our responses or processes.
• Send new hire announcements or separation notices upon request.
• The Receptionist/HR Assistant may be asked to help with administrative or clerical work for other departments, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• A high school diploma is the minimum academic requirement. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Two to four years Receptionist or Customer Service work experience.
• Accuracy and attention to detail regarding administrative tasks.
• Good follow-up with assigned tasks.
• Initiative and resourceful in addressing customer/vendor needs.
• Ability to maintain a polished, professional demeanor and phone manner at all times is critical.
• Flexibility and willingness to take on work from other departments is expected.
• Excellent verbal communication skills; good writing skills.
• Dependability with regard to punctuality and attendance.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a positive attitude.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is preferred.
For over 80 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation’s leading preparation course for the Patent Office’s Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center. Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
BENEFITS AT PLI
PLI offers market-competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, PLI contributions to a retirement account, ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays, career development opportunities, and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is interesting, collegial, intelligent and supportive.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLImay be found on our website www.pli.edu.
To apply visit: http://apptrkr.com/1173705
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply visit: http://apptrkr.com/1173705