- Job posted by Minnesota State University, Mankato
Salary: $34,690.00 - $60,367.00 yr
Location: Minnesota State Mankato, MN
Job Type: Probationary
Department: Academic Affairs
Job Number: 00980
Position: Probationary (Range B*)
Date of Appointment: July 2018
Application Deadline: Priority consideration will be given to applicants recieved by June 26, 2018.
This position exists to act as a resource to the campus community to ensure equal access for students with disabilities. More specifically, the Access Specialist coordinates testing, note taking, and assistive technology accommodations offered through Accessibility Resources, promotes its services to the campus and community, provides ongoing training, and enforces the university's compliance with ADAAA. This position provides advising and support to faculty and staff as it relates to provision of accommodations for students with disabilities in their classes and programs.
• Bachelor's degree (Conferred on an official transcript at the time of application.)
• Two (2) years working in a similar capacity at a university/college or senior high school level.
• Functional knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other appropriate laws pertaining to higher education and disability.
• Functional knowledge of assistive technology tools (e.g. screen reading software, voice to text technology, captioning, E-texts).
• Proven organizational and administrative skills with methodical attention to detail
• Ability to problem solve and utilize conflict resolution skills on the phone, in person, and online to provide effective general and specialized communication to students, faculty and staff.
• Skill in obtaining, organizing, and drafting administrative materials for public information and/or office use.
• Ability to use MS Word and Excel, and other software applications to prepare, create, format, edit, print, save and/or attach a variety of documents, including emails, memos, reports, letters, presentations, spreadsheets, tables, charts, graphs, in an efficient and timely manner.
• Written communication skills sufficient to write, prepare and edit materials such as memos, procedures, reports, presentations, emails, etc., using correct grammar and clearly explaining complex ideas, regulations, policies and procedures to varied audiences.
• Ability to work in fast pace environment while still maintaining accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with persons of diverse backgrounds including minorities and persons with disabilities
• Experience working with students with disabilities in an educational setting, and working to implement academic accommodations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others.
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/.
• The salary range denoted above is the contractual range; however, salary upon hire is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/jobopp.html. A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
• Cover Letter
• Resume/Curriculum Vitae
• Contact information for three (3) references
• Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Ms. Julie Snow, Search Chair
132 Memorial Library
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY)
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at:http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school's policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years' worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/. You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1235739
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1235739