Our client, an International Women's organization has an IMMEDIATE NEED for 3 to 4 month temporary (possibly longer) Content Strategist focused on content to keep the organization on-brand in messaging and across all external facing channels, particularly social media, and website.
Remote to start, but organization is eyeing a phased return to their DC office in the FALL 2021.
This Content Strategist supports the Director of Communications on developing a content strategy that is aligned with the organization’s strategic and operational plans and also manages the organization’s social media operations and digital content on a day-to-day basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage organizational social media accounts, strategy, and content
- Project manage mid-sized engagement campaigns
- Monitor and report on social media trends and campaign performance
- Manage and engage with online supporters on social media
- Assist the Marketing team with SEO and paid social media content and strategy
- Review external/internal content as needed to ensure consistency across all offices in adherence to brand guidelines
- Assist the Director in executing a comprehensive content and brand strategy.
- Serve as a point person for country program communications focal points.
- Help manage assets and content by building systems for tracking assets and making sure they are in usable form (i.e. quality, consent, and language)
- Collect content on the ground in country offices as needed
- Provide social media support for all live events
- Serve as active attendee at events in our sector
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ideally 5 years of relevant experience (flexible)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field
- Persuasive and effective writing skills with a journalistic approach to impact storytelling
- Strong research, analysis, and copy-editing skills
- Understanding of social media tools
- Understanding of basic media outreach strategies
- Ability to analyze research and data and to think critically (including mapping of influencers and analyzing metrics)
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to balance tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Journalistic background and/or sector experience
- Experience working on women’s issues, as they are tied to war, economic development, health, and human rights
- Experience working in the international development sector