We are currently managing an exciting direct hire search for our nonprofit client!
The Direct Response Manager will plan, develop, and evaluate direct mail fundraising campaigns to raise budgeted revenue and acquire, retain, and reengage individual donors. The Manager will also work to develop direct mail creative, as well as manage acquisition lists and campaign reporting.
- Craft fundraising appeals that appropriately and accurately communicate foundation activities and institutional messages to donors.
- Manages an integrated direct mail giving program
- Provides day-to-day supervision of on-going direct mail campaigns.
- Recommends draft copy and design for appropriate approvals, consolidates and edits staff comments on copy and design, and project manages efforts in order to meet production schedules.
- Maintains annual mail production calendar integrated with overall Direct Response program.
- Works with creative and production teams to obtain photographs, resource materials, copyright and credit information for direct mail programs in a timely fashion to meet strict production deadlines. Maintains campaign project files, results worksheets, and data files in an orderly and timely fashion.
- 2+ years of direct marketing experience with an emphasis in direct mail and/or non-profit
- Must possess professional knowledge of non-profit fundraising with an emphasis on marketing activities such as direct mail and/or printed communications, issues relating to donor relations and stewardship, and data management.
- Experience using donor databases and familiarity with database concepts, with preferred competence in Raiser’s Edge.
- Strong communication and public speaking skills, with the ability to present information effectively to individuals, organizations, donors and the general public. Strong writing and grammatical skills to develop and edit written communications.
- Skills in using and integrating various software, i.e., Windows-based software such as word processing, and spreadsheet software for detailed analysis, workflow charting, reporting and data manipulation.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- An interest in environmental affairs a plus!
The selected candidate will start remotely due to COVID-19 safety precautions. However, this individual will be expected to work in the DC office eventually. Office is centrally located and within walking distance of all Metro lines downtown.