- Job posted by HELP USA
About HELP USA
HELP USA is one of the nation’s largest homeless service providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, veterans, and survivors of domestic violence. With an annual operating budget in excess of $100 million, HELP USA currently serves 25,000 people per year in 54 programs and residences across five states and is continuing to grow. HELP provides 3,500 units of permanent and transitional housing as part of its 30-year commitment to families and individuals in need of safe, stable homes.
At HELP USA, we take great pride in providing our residents with a clean and well-maintained living space that feels as much like home as possible. We can only do this with a great maintenance team. As Maintenance Supervisor for one of our facilities, you’ll oversee the maintenance staff, assigning and coordinate their work and following up on their progress.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Training the Porters at your facility to meet our high quality standards.
- Visually inspecting the physical plant systems and reporting abnormalities.
- Making repairs as needed and being on 24-hour call for emergencies.
- Adhering to strict OSHA compliance.
- Inventorying and dispensing materials and supplies.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; Associates Degree and/or certification in applicable maintenance/custodial field preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as Maintenance Mechanic or two years’ experience as an Assistant Supervisor for Maintenance.
- Must have a basic understanding of and experience with electrical wiring, boiler mechanics, and plumbing.
- Must have strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Valid US driver’s license a plus.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft applications a plus.
Please send cover letter with resume to email@example.com
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.
Minimum Education Required