- BioHive is a thriving collective of more than 1,100 companies representing the life science and healthcare innovation ecosystem of Utah’s economy. BioHive includes researchers, developers, and manufacturers of therapeutics, devices, and diagnostics, as well as laboratory facilities, healthcare delivery systems, digital health, health IT, and supply chain businesses that support these industries.
- BioHive’s primary mission is to create and promote a brand identity around Utah's growing innovative healthcare ecosystem and foster a supportive community for its members.
- BioHive is funded through voluntary contributions by its member organizations with additional matching funds from the state.
- The Executive Director will take leadership of this organization, build upon the vision and execute upon fulfilling its mission.
- Serve as the driving force of BioHive, acting as spokesperson and fundraiser, as well as providing internal oversight in building and managing this fledgling organization.
- Articulate and advance a vision for BioHive’s strategy and growth– in partnership with the board.
- Position BioHive as a critical resource and convening ground for healthcare companies in Utah.
- Cultivate relationships across various constituencies, including government, industry, trade groups, member companies, etc.
- Conceptualize and execute networking events, forums, etc. that serve BioHive’s mission.
- Lead the organization through a period of growth, including the development of a robust team and the alignment of operations, systems, and policies to sustain continued growth.
- Articulate and execute a digital and analog marketing program to enhance the positioning of BioHive in Utah and the U.S.
- Develop and oversee the organization’s operating budget.
Education & Professional Requirements
- An MBA or MPA is preferred.
- Experience in all aspects of communications (marketing, PR, branding, event planning), with specific capabilities in digital marketing.
- A demonstrated record of success in leading an organization through growth and diversifying fundraising through increasing investment from a range of new and current funders.
- Adroitness with cultivating relationships and navigating various constituencies and stakeholders.
- Experience in biopharma and/or healthcare is a plus.
- Must be an authentic and sophisticated communicator (written; verbal), with the ability and confidence to step into the spotlight.
- Must be passionately committed to Utah’s life sciences & healthcare ecosystem.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong results-orientation.
- Must possess a well-defined sales persona.
- Should possess a desire to build a world-class organization through a combination of vision, drive, enthusiasm, and flexibility.
*This opportunity is being recruited on behalf of BioHive by Occam Global, a third-party strategic professional services firm, specializing in executive recruiting and organizational development.