METHODIST HEALTH SYSTEMLocation:
8:30 - 5:00Req_Number:
Serves as a vital member of Methodist Health System Foundation's team, supporting the Events team with Employee Giving and Foundation events. But, this position is also a “utility player” role that will serve the larger Foundation in both administrative and research/writing needs to help the Development team.Duties and ResponsibilitiesEmployee Giving Campaign:
- Works with VP Strategic Events on the strategy, timeline, outline, and execution of each year's campaign
- Coordinates with HR team to identify campus champions and messaging
- Prepares talking points and slides for Foundation and campus leaders about the campaign
- Helps hospital presidents and campus champions identify their campus greatest need
- Works with HR and Finance to ensure all donations (payroll deductions, one-time gifts, etc.) are accurately accounted
- Creates messaging throughout the year for stewardship to employees about their gifts and where the funds are going
- Plans annual Employee Giving 'thank you' parties each fall
: supports the administrative functions and activities within the Foundation, specifically the VPs, including but not limited to writing and editing support materials for a variety of projects, such as Foundation marketing material, donor correspondence, memos, minutes, letters, reports, grant request materials.
- Office support: answers the phone for the Foundation, orders and stocks supplies
- Meetings: scheduling, PowerPoint presentations, set-up, copies, takes minutes, catering and arranges conference calls.
- Mailings: coordinates and manages mailings, ordering necessary supplies, preparing lists, mail merge, metering and preparing bulk mail.
works with Development team and supporting the Director of Grant Writing on research and execution of grants, as well as coordinating site visits and tours and other meetings.Events:
works with Strategic Events team to help plan and execute all Eagle Society-related events, Folsom Leadership Award dinner, and other Foundation event logistics. Duties may include coordinating with event vendors, donor interaction and follow-up, printing nametags, helping set up, check-in, breakdown. Knowledge/ Education:
Bachelor's degree or similar experienceQualifications
- Minimum 1-4 years' experience as in fundraising, project coordination or project management.
- Expert skill level using mail merges (required), MS Office suite - MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint, Raiser's Edge, Hubspot
- Must have excellent written communication skills.
- Must have excellent vocabulary skills and a demonstrated ability in English and grammar.
- Demonstrated ability for a very high activity level in the field, strong initiative, and self-motivation.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with hospital staff, donors, volunteers, and the public.
- Ability to initiate programmatic activities independently, organize/set priorities, and complete work in a timely manner despite deadlines and competing requirements.
- Ability and willingness to be a team player and to adapt to changing priorities.
- High level of technology literacy to support advanced web-based research and publishing
- High level of technology skill set to manage electronic database and use electronic communication tools to communicate with donors and prospects.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Able to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions.